Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Eleven - FAU vs North Texas

Safety Damian Parms is FAU's leading tackler (75), and that is obviously an area of concern as opposing teams are getting down field way too often.

Accordingly, this points towards the extreme need to limit the big gains from here out - as every big play will have a much larger impact - with no room to spare from a Bowl eligibility standpoint.

Head-to-head with the Mean Green, the Owls have a +30 yards per game advantage in total offense, but are giving up +70 defensively.

Where is this coming from? Offensively slight margins in both the run and the pass, and defensively almost all the opposing team's ground game.

Enter the Owls' continued need to follow this guy's lead:

STOP THE RUN.

Fortunately, there is the saving grace of UNT's 3.9 YPC average (9th C-USA) for the season to aid in that endeavor.

FAU Special Teams Coach Chris Hurd, who was the 2003 Sun Belt Conference defensive player of the year at North Texas, will be on the opposite sidelines of his alma mater for the first time in his career - something which is sure to feel odd.

Ironically, his unit's performance could also be a huge factor in how the final result plays out as the Mean Green's Darvin Kidsy is just one of just three players in the nation who has returned both a punt and kick-off for a score thus far.

Weather conditions will somewhat resemble last weekend's tilt at FAU Stadium minus the wind for a portion of the contest. However, it will be a bit nippy towards the end as temps dip into the upper 40's.

The Owls are 1-5 all-time in cold weather (50' or less), but the warm fire of desire should help them cross the finish line while slightly ahead to improve upon that mark while remaining mathematically alive for the post season.

Owls 29  Mean Green 26

What says you??

Back to the top

Well I don't wanna leave Rick as the only predictor. Seems like the team has lost a lot of interest. It's sad because this team had a lot of steam when the year started. I gotta say FAU needs to win out whether if we end up in a bowl game or not. We need some momentum going into next year. I really don't know what to think about this team anymore. I wish I had a better a memory of the UAB game, but there was a little to much tailgating beforehand. So I am just gonna say this team better have a much better first half against UNT. But I have a feeling we lose kinda ugly 34 to 10 
Back to the top

Did we have a good start of the year ? Or are you saying the fans had a lot of steam/hopes/dreams/unsubstantiated predictions at the start of the year.
Back to the top

I think prior to the year with winning four straight to end last year and after the Tulsa game. The students were buying into really supporting the program and the younger alumni like myself and OC40. But there aren't many young alumni who go to every game like us. The majority want to see a winner like the whole south Florida market. As close as we are to having a few more wins were even closer to only having one win 
Back to the top

We are the better team & should win. With that said, the cold weather will probably get into our heads & affect us, our lack of depth will kill us, & I won't be surprised if we lose.

Prediction: a foot all back,e will be played in Denton, Texas tomorrow night.
Back to the top

Both teams desperately need a win and neither team is very good. I think FAU has the athleticism and skill to get back on the winning side of things.

FAU 31 UNT 27

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Players and coaches are on the same page. Owls 31, North Texas 13.
Back to the top

Good Morning fellow Owls! Are any Owls tailgating on site prior to the game? What section are we sitting in? Thanks please let me know! It should be a cold one for us south Floridians!😬 Owls 35 Mean Green 21
Back to the top

FAU05 said

Good Morning fellow Owls! Are any Owls tailgating on site prior to the game? What section are we sitting in? Thanks please let me know! It should be a cold one for us south Floridians!😬 Owls 35 Mean Green 21
Posted On: Nov 8th 2014, 11:03 AM #337592

Belive Teambeer is there…
Back to the top

Hoping we get back on track and the O stops with these slow starts. I say Tony Moore has the game of his life and we pound the rock all night long.. 24-12 Owls with Moore and Quez rushing for over 100  yards a piece and accounting for all three TDs. (Joseph will also add in a chippy after missing two in a row)
Back to the top
Control functions: