Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Does FAU not plan to market basketball...?

Add topic

Granted, today is also the FAU-UNT game, albeit at 7 pm.

But today also technically marks the first game of the Men's Basketball 2014 season (exhibition vs St.Thomas in Boca at 4 pm) and it's been very quiet on the hype end.

There's no mention of it on the FAU homepage.
There's no splashpage on the FAU athletics homepage nor is it even in the top 5 news stories scroll bar.
The FAU Athletics twitter simply retweeted the FAU Basketball tweet about it.
The FAU general Twitter doesn't mention it.
I haven't received an email or anything physical in the mail about it (like I did for football), although that could still be on the way.
I haven't seen a billboard for it, or the sport in general.

Point being, if you go to the basketball game today and wonder why nobody is there, or if at the end of the year Athletics and the rest of the university are scratching their heads wondering why the attendance is low and they're barely drawing revenue for the purportedly second-largest revenue-producing sports team on campus.......... remember this post.

Where is the marketing?

And yes, I'm sure there's probably a banner or two up on campus and maybe there was an email blast about it to students, although students get in "free" so that doesn't help generate more revenue for the program.

Maybe they don't typically market until the official season opener at home... by why? Our guys are going to be there. There will be a contest between two different teams. Basketball will occur, at home, in the Burrow. Why wouldn't they want FAU fans there?
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Granted, today is also the FAU-UNT game, albeit at 7 pm.

But today also technically marks the first game of the Men's Basketball 2014 season (exhibition vs St.Thomas in Boca at 4 pm) and it's been very quiet on the hype end.

There's no mention of it on the FAU homepage.
There's no splashpage on the FAU athletics homepage nor is it even in the top 5 news stories scroll bar.
The FAU Athletics twitter simply retweeted the FAU Basketball tweet about it.
The FAU general Twitter doesn't mention it.
I haven't received an email or anything physical in the mail about it (like I did for football), although that could still be on the way.
I haven't seen a billboard for it, or the sport in general.

Point being, if you go to the basketball game today and wonder why nobody is there, or if at the end of the year Athletics and the rest of the university are scratching their heads wondering why the attendance is low and they're barely drawing revenue for the purportedly second-largest revenue-producing sports team on campus.......... remember this post.

Where is the marketing?

And yes, I'm sure there's probably a banner or two up on campus and maybe there was an email blast about it to students, although students get in "free" so that doesn't help generate more revenue for the program.

Maybe they don't typically market until the official season opener at home... by why? Our guys are going to be there. There will be a contest between two different teams. Basketball will occur, at home, in the Burrow. Why wouldn't they want FAU fans there?
Posted On: Nov 8th 2014, 11:14 AM #337593

Why waste the money the state of Florida doesn't follow college basketball
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

…I haven't seen a billboard for it, or the sport in general.
Posted On: Nov 8th 2014, 11:14 AM #337593

I-95, southbound facing, just north of Atlantic Ave…saw it tonight on the way home.
Back to the top
Control functions: