Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to FAU football on earning their sixth consecutive losing season. It's times like yesterday's game, when I'm glad that I continued my education and earned a master's degree from a different university, so I can at least be proud of one of my alma maters.
Back to the top

Captain Owlmerica said

Congratulations to FAU football on earning their sixth consecutive losing season. It's times like yesterday's game, when I'm glad that I continued my education and earned a master's degree from a different university, so I can at least be proud of one of my alma maters.
Posted On: Nov 9th 2014, 11:34 AM #337858

Not very cool to say about FAU. If you don't like FAU, go to the board of your other school and hang out there. 

FAU didn't have a losing season last year. 6-6 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

If that is what it takes for you to feel that way about your school then Good riddance, and don't come back when the weather is better, fans like you are the problem with sports, all fun and games when life is good and turn your back when times get tough.
Back to the top

This is  our alma mater and we have to support no matter what happens. Things will only get better… We are not miami fans. 
Back to the top

Agreed OwlBroker and Raul - THIS IS OUR ALMA MATER - NO MATTER WHAT!
Back to the top

Captain Owlmerica said

That's why this is a great country. You have the freedom to choose to hate your alma mater.

My alma mater is also FAU.  I choose to support it.  While I enjoy the freedom to be disappointed at times, I will never not support it.  When I went to FAU, I never dreamed of having a Division 1 football program. I now realize that there are hundreds of thousands of colleges and Universities in the world and only about 130 have a Division 1 football program.  That is some rare company, and I greatly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of experiencing the development.

To each his own.

While many choose to talk the talk, very few choose to walk the walk.

Owls Up!
Back to the top

Agreed Mark. Even if we don't have a winning season for the next decade, I'll be there enduring every painful moment with my alma mater. FAU gave me a full ride scholarship when UF, UCF and USF wouldn't. They believed in me when I needed them to. I owe the university a lot more than it owes me so I will be there for it when it needs me just like it was there for me when I needed FAU.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Captain Owlmerica said

That's why this is a great country. You have the freedom to choose to hate your alma mater.

My alma mater is also FAU.  I choose to support it.  While I enjoy the freedom to be disappointed at times, I will never not support it.  When I went to FAU, I never dreamed of having a Division 1 football program. I now realize that there are hundreds of thousands of colleges and Universities in the world and only about 130 have a Division 1 football program.  That is some rare company, and I greatly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of experiencing the development.

To each his own.

While many choose to talk the talk, very few choose to walk the walk.

Owls Up!
Posted On: Nov 9th 2014, 9:40 PM #337879

you mean this great country that I gave 8 years of my life to defend, and left behind family and friends to deploy. At the beginning of 9/11 was already overseas, 2003 for the invasion of Iraq, 2004 in Haiti, 2006 back to Iraq. And I am proud that he has the right to say that, because if it wasn't for people like me, we probably be speaking German, Russian, or Japanese.
Back to the top

@USMCOWL Thank you for your years of service.  My father in law retired after over 30 years in the Marine Corps.  I've seen first hand the sacrifice and the dedication.  So my words don't do enough justice for my appreciation for the men and women who serve and protect our freedom.  That freedom, as trivial as it may seem, also includes Captain's right to be a fairweather fan :Winking:
Back to the top

Teams are expected to have a losing season once in a while – not a losing season every year for six straight years (sorry, but 6-6 is a losing season to those who rarely lose games). It's awesome that you all continue to endure the bad times. I used to have to endure them too, but now I have the option of enjoying success, and I can assure you it feels great! No longer do I have to sit in a half empty stadium; no longer do I have view a 6-6 record as progress; and no longer do I have to witness getting blown out by a 2-6 North Texas squad.

I truly want things turn around for FAU, but fortunately, my November won't be spent hoping that my team finishes strong to go 5-7. Rather, it will be spent wondering which bowl game my other alma mater will be heading to THIS year.

P.S. Thank you to those who gave me the right to be a fairweather fan.
Back to the top
Control functions: