Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OC40 response to the inside the Burrow.

You guys want to shake the finger at OC40 and tell people it is crazy for criticizing Charlie as much as I have.
I just do not understand what you base your "o yea things are definitely going to be better'' ideas on.
Many of are buying way into the #wintoday and the rest of Charlies  words. I do really like Charlie and want him to win here but I only judge him on what I have seen between the white lines so far which to this point has been underachieving trash.

If you listen to the coaches show you have heard Charlie change his tune a bit and without directly saying it he has blamed the past staff on poor recruiting which as attributed to the lack of depth.
Before the season though it was talks of how much talent this D has and it is great and we have a great returning QB blah blah he once never reffed to this job as a complete rebuild as he hints out now.
All I can judge him by is the 3-7 record questionable clock management like when he decided having his team try and block a 20 yard FG instead of giving your team 1:16 to try and score. The questionable squib kicks the regression of players like William Dukes,Jay Warren the D as a whole.
FAU as played many freshmen this year has any other then Buddy Howell stuck out? Nate Terry has one catch since his game winner in week 3 (he is supposed to be the guy who replaces Alex next year) Kalib Woods has shown limited  flashes we just has a walk on freshman LB start over two guy Charlie recruited (one was kicked off the team).

So I want (mostly from the inside the burrow crew) to know what REAL evidence has he shown to take this team to the next level.
And yes I understand we have a good class in 2015, but as we all Ron Zook recruited very well too:cool:If this team does not win seven next year time for coach number 5.
Back to the top

OC, thanks for listening to the show!

To judge him by "underachieving trash" is quite excessive. I agree that we've underachieved and he should be held accountable for certain things, I put most the blame on the offense (play calling) and Quez. The regression of Warren is really Warren's fault. And as you saw, he quickly lost his starting job when the fumbles got out of control.

How many people have we lost to injury, especially on defense? And as far as freshmen go, the ones we have playing now (specifically on offense) are going to be very good. And the past staff did leave the cupboard somewhat bare on defense -which is why you have Freshman walk-ons starting against UNT.

The evidence I have to support him is our 3 wins. When we take care of the ball and our offense doesn't put our defense in un-winnable situations, we are very good.

I expected much more from Quez and Coach Wright, they are the biggest disappointments as the year has gone on.

Again, thank you for listening to the show and I hope you continue to do so!
Back to the top

OC40 I agree with you. I think overall morale on this team is low and it shows on the field.When your own coaches throw players under the bus (Lucky Dances Now?) and Quez (Too many Pics ?3?) and say there losing one on ones to Marshall ,where we're the adjustments for 4 TDs up the middle.When you play freshman and walkons it is rebuilding!! It's all about the Future(Jobs)
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

OC, thanks for listening to the show!

To judge him by "underachieving trash" is quite excessive. I agree that we've underachieved and he should be held accountable for certain things, I put most the blame on the offense (play calling) and Quez. The regression of Warren is really Warren's fault. And as you saw, he quickly lost his starting job when the fumbles got out of control.

How many people have we lost to injury, especially on defense? And as far as freshmen go, the ones we have playing now (specifically on offense) are going to be very good. And the past staff did leave the cupboard somewhat bare on defense -which is why you have Freshman walk-ons starting against UNT.

The evidence I have to support him is our 3 wins. When we take care of the ball and our offense doesn't put our defense in un-winnable situations, we are very good.

I expected much more from Quez and Coach Wright, they are the biggest disappointments as the year has gone on.

Again, thank you for listening to the show and I hope you continue to do so!
Posted On: Nov 18th 2014, 8:38 PM #338244
A few things to adress here what makes you think these freshman will
Be good what have they shown?
Like I said Nate Terry has 2 catches and he will be out starter next year. Has any of the freshmen D linemen made a play? What freshmen are you talking about.
Also as far as injurys there is not a team in this country that hadn't lost 3 or 4 impact players. The Gators have been the most beat up injured team in the country the last two years. That excuse didn't save will.
Also your evidence of three wins is awful. They were all at home one of those teams had one of the worst defenses on the country. Those three teams are a combined 10-20

Charlie has quickly changed his words and I don't like it. After starting 3-7 he has quickly back tracked and turned this underachieving season into "hey we knew this would happen the past staffs left us with very little talent." We have a good QB 3 solid Rb's what I thought was a good WR core. On the D we had 3 DT's with starting experience and a very good DE in Trey. 
And a boat load of talent in the secondary. 
This team had enough team scrap its way to six wins.
I really feel FAShow you really like Charlie (which I do to) and it makes you dig and search for anything to make you feel like this is the guy.
Back to the top

You guys should hash it out on the next show!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Lol, man you sure are a pessimist. So you're saying that because no one has had a breakout season that Charlie is a bad coach and all our Freshman suck? You don't need EVERY Freshman to stand out in order for them to be a success.

Tell me, what would you prefer Charlie say? The team has changed some has to do with coaching (past and present) and some has to injuries. Not every recruit is going to a slam dunk.

Just because someone has "starting experience" doesn't mean they're the best person for the job. Tony Moore has a ton of "starting experience" but Howell would be getting more carries if he was healthy.

Also, there's more evidence that we can be a good team in our losses. Wyoming was a freak accident and UAB was promising as well.

I'm not disagreeing with you that this team has underachieved but what exactly do you expect the coaches to say now?

Lastly, before you continue to put words in my mouth, I've never said the Coach P is "the guy." I'm a glass half full type of guy so I'm merely stating the positives from this season because I've seen signs for hope, and that's really all we have to go on right now.

I truly appreciate your opinion and thoughts. The whole point of us doing this is for more fan interaction. Perhaps we should take Rick's idea and have you on the show!
Back to the top

Ok you are digging for signs and you really haven't told me what they are yet. Beating UTSA and Tulsa are not signs by the way.
Also the close losses have been happening for years even in pelini's 1st year there are 2-3 we should have won like the USA and Navy game.
What does almost most beating UAB at home prove?
I'm being pessimist because thats only way 2014 OWLS have shown me to be. Why should I be hopful the 2015 OWLS will be different when there is 0 evidence of that happening. 
Could Charlie be the man and flip this thing around I hope so , but there is 0 evidence of him having that ability.
Back to the top

Also bring me on the show if you want. I will have to spice things up a bit it always be three people going in circles telling me how great the futrue is going to be when our D has gone from 11th to 110th in the country.
Back to the top

@OC40…I agree with the "show me the proof" attitude. If you have noticed, this blog has dwindled away to just a few people . I feel it has to do with the football program, its record , and the fact that so many homers were talking  about Bowl Games, only to have reality smack them in the face. What everyone that is talking about next year should be saying is "I hope we are better next year." We have no concrete evidence that this will be the case. We just hope. I hope. But I have been hoping for a few years now. I will let Charlie have his 2-4 years.
Back to the top

If we do not go bowling next year give him the walking papers.
Good coaches can flip a mid-major to go 7-6 it is not asking a lot.
Don't waste your time with year three and four if he can not win next year.
Back to the top
Control functions: