Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

stadium revenu and cost

Add topic

I was thinking about this. All the events that the stadium has hosted since it opened. The independent Southeastern Football conference highschool championships, international friendly soccer matches, MLL matches. So that helps pay for the debt of the stadium, but as far as the bowl game goes, do we have to pay for the operating cost, along with the security and concessions, or does ESPN, CUSA, AAC, and MAC pay for those?
Back to the top

Sort of on then same topic: is there a master schedule for the stadium?
Back to the top

I haven't seen one.
Back to the top

Found it.  An article from last year states that the payment to FAU for the 6 year agreement is approx $60k in total, plus the expenses for gameday and for the preparation of the stadium.

Boca Raton Bowl set for FAU Stadium in December 2014 | www.palmbeachpost.com
Back to the top

so every event non university athletic hosted by our stadium we get paid a check that covers the cost of operating the stadium which includes security, operations, concessions etc? and the university pockets the rent check, but not the ticket sales. ok. makes sense.... so my next question, is that with all the events that FAU has hosted at the stadium such as those soccer matches, MLL games, high school football championship for that new independent conferece, plus the upcoming national high school football championship series, what is the current debt situation for the stadium?
Back to the top

Any particular reason you are interested in this?
Back to the top

reasonable to ask especially if we're starting a season off 0-2 due to body bag games to help pay off debt. but maybe USMC has other reasons.  not sure but I'm curious since it's been brought up.
Back to the top

I was curious to see where we are at with the stadium debt, and wondering about the events that the stadium holds, and what we bring in with outside events, do we keep a share a ticket profits? That sort of thing. Remember there was the rumor of the new practice facilities and such. So I was curious to see what the actual revenue is compared to the cost of operating the stadium during non university athletic events.
Back to the top

owl in training said

reasonable to ask especially if we're starting a season off 0-2 due to body bag games to help pay off debt. but maybe USMC has other reasons.  not sure but I'm curious since it's been brought up.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2014, 12:44 PM #338347

I'm fairly certain the body bag game revenue funds our athletic department and not to stadium debt.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I was curious to see where we are at with the stadium debt, and wondering about the events that the stadium holds, and what we bring in with outside events, do we keep a share a ticket profits? That sort of thing. Remember there was the rumor of the new practice facilities and such. So I was curious to see what the actual revenue is compared to the cost of operating the stadium during non university athletic events.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2014, 1:00 PM #338349

Understandable.  i was just curious as to where you were going with this.
Back to the top
Control functions: