Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Loses In Gut Wrenching Fashion, Again

The Owls trailed for only 19 seconds tonight. But they were the final 19 seconds.

Read more

Another week, another loss

Since Coach Partridge takes the loss as "that's on me, the game is on me.", his continuing as Head Coach needs to be examined and discussed.  
Back to the top

"It’s a good football team in Middle Tennessee. We proved that we’re getting better every week.”

I'm sorry CP but having the same outcome over and over again is not "getting better." At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Partridge is a football coach or a car salesman.
Back to the top

Let's turn back the clock 1 year: Brian Wight is the interim head coach and goes 4-0. Then Pat Chun summons his years of experience of never being an AD when he decides to pass on Wright and hire Patridge. Patridge is currently 3-8. If Patridge doesn't win at least 4 games with the same offense Wright had, it proves Patridge isn't a good head coach and Chun doesn't know what he's doing.

I say fire everyone and bring in some experienced folks. I'm sick of FAU's bargain shopping. Stop recruiting zero star player hoping for a gem, and stop giving inexperienced people their first shot at AD and HC.

Back to the top

Captain Owlmerica said

Let's turn back the clock 1 year: Brian Wight is the interim head coach and goes 4-0. Then Pat Chun summons his years of experience of never being an AD when he decides to pass on Wright and hire Patridge. Patridge is currently 3-8. If Patridge doesn't win at least 4 games with the same offense Wright had, it proves Patridge isn't a good head coach and Chun doesn't know what he's doing.

I say fire everyone and bring in some experienced folks. I'm sick of FAU's bargain shopping. Stop recruiting zero star player hoping for a gem, and stop giving inexperienced people their first shot at AD and HC.

Posted On: Nov 24th 2014, 1:18 PM #338698

I think you make a very valid point. Wright had success and wasn't given the nod. Many questioned this when it happened. I for one felt that he should have been the guy.

While Partridge has not had success, it is pretty difficult to fire a coach after his first season. He probably will get two more seasons to prove himself.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Guest said

"It’s a good football team in Middle Tennessee. We proved that we’re getting better every week.”

I'm sorry CP but having the same outcome over and over again is not "getting better." At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Partridge is a football coach or a car salesman.

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 9:42 AM #338587
post of the day!!!!
Back to the top

Captain Owlmerica said

Captain Owlmerica said

Wright isn't D-1 Coordinator let alone a head coach.
Wright has very little recuriting experience and his play calling has been awful.

I've brought this up a million times but the this programs problems go back to Howard.
If you look at the recruiting  classes of 2008 through 2011 we had about 10 impact players in four classes!!!! He hit on about 20% of players his last four years.
Also captain as much as I would love to push Charlie out of we don't win next year. The truth is we can't buy out his contract.
If you want to be able to fire coaches year to year donate to the OSF!
Back to the top
Control functions: