Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ MTSU - 11/22/14 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

@OC40…Love the insanity line. I truly believe that. I've beaten around the bush for a few weeks saying I don't feel we have the correct coordinators in place yet. Let me now be more specific. Both our OC and DC are not qualified to run a D-1 team yet. I like them both but we see the same results game after game. We can hope for different result but they probably won't come. That my friends is the definition of insanity. I am neither shocked nor surprised by this loss.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@OC40…Love the insanity line. I truly believe that. I've beaten around the bush for a few weeks saying I don't feel we have the correct coordinators in place yet. Let me now be more specific. Both our OC and DC are not qualified to run a D-1 team yet. I like them both but we see the same results game after game. We can hope for different result but they probably won't come. That my friends is the definition of insanity. I am neither shocked nor surprised by this loss.

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 8:54 AM #338585
the worst part is when Alex Scored and we when up 34-21 I said we will blow this.
Here is a stat I heard last night.
FAU has lost 4 games where the oppesing team has thrown for under 160 yards.
Back to the top

Up by 13 with 5 minutes left I told a friend we were going to lose. It seems to be in our blood at this point. 
Back to the top

Lets review the FAU football situation starting with last year.

Chun didn't want to give Pelini a chance so he forced him to resign. After a lot of confusion about the facts, FAU fired Pelini (first mistake by Chun). Do we really know what happened except Chun got to hire his own guy as head coach.

Chun got what he wanted, to name a new head coach. He could have named Wright and we would have kept the coaches and the consistency, stability and momentum from last year. Instead Chun hires a new head coach (2nd mistake by Chun).

We have all new coaches expect for Wright. It is easy to blame Wright but he us surrounded by a lot of inexperience.

At this time, the university needs to make a decision about Chun and Chun needs to make a decision about Charlie Partridge and Coach Partridge needs to make decisions about his assistant coaches.

It is clear that FAU football needs to do something different. Whatever they choose, expect another year of changes and challenges.

Back to the top

This D is not bad vs. the pass but it cannont stop the run in just the way it is designed, especially with noit many real D1 players in the front 6 - NOT FRONT 7!

Any team can run on only a front 6, especially one with wider spread of the O-line splits, REALLY spreads that front 6 out thin! That and the two LB's are set inside giving the O the corners by design and forcing the corners to take on not only the blocking wr's but an O lineman coming at him full speed too!  THAT is what the spread O does in a good running spread O - which we don't have, close splits and runs up the middle woth an undersize O-line - ain't gonna happen very often!

Oh, and don't mention O tempo to me, we have NONE most of the time! Slow and plodding and boring O mostly. We had a few explosive plays wich padded the yards per play quite a lot but when it comes crunch time, choke boring dull PREDICTABLE plays.

At the UAB game it was SO OBVIOUS to ALL sitting near us that the UAB D KNEW OUR PLAYS and just stuffd us in the first half, costing us THAT game. Coach W AND Cach R are BOTH  too predictable and too conservative as for my liking in today's game.

Last thought from me - no not the STUPID fake punt deep in our own territory WITH a 10 pt. lead - why not go for two to push the l2 point lead to 14! A 13 or even 12 point lead would not cut it at that point. At least if we pushed the lead to 14 we play OT with our late game "Gassed" D we throw out there every game apparantly!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

This D is not bad vs. the pass but it cannont stop the run in just the way it is designed, especially with noit many real D1 players in the front 6 - NOT FRONT 7!

Any team can run on only a front 6, especially one with wider spread of the O-line splits, REALLY spreads that front 6 out thin! That and the two LB's are set inside giving the O the corners by design and forcing the corners to take on not only the blocking wr's but an O lineman coming at him full speed too!  THAT is what the spread O does in a good running spread O - which we don't have, close splits and runs up the middle woth an undersize O-line - ain't gonna happen very often!

Oh, and don't mention O tempo to me, we have NONE most of the time! Slow and plodding and boring O mostly. We had a few explosive plays wich padded the yards per play quite a lot but when it comes crunch time, choke boring dull PREDICTABLE plays.

At the UAB game it was SO OBVIOUS to ALL sitting near us that the UAB D KNEW OUR PLAYS and just stuffd us in the first half, costing us THAT game. Coach W AND Cach R are BOTH  too predictable and too conservative as for my liking in today's game.

Last thought from me - no not the STUPID fake punt deep in our own territory WITH a 10 pt. lead - why not go for two to push the l2 point lead to 14! A 13 or even 12 point lead would not cut it at that point. At least if we pushed the lead to 14 we play OT with our late game "Gassed" D we throw out there every game apparantly!
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 10:17 AM #338591

wait a minute Georgiaowl, are you actually suggesting that that staff focus more on speedy linebackers and dbs than d-linemen
Back to the top

Guest said

Chun didn't want to give Pelini a chance so he forced him to resign. After a lot of confusion about the facts, FAU fired Pelini (first mistake by Chun). Do we really know what happened except Chun got to hire his own guy as head coach.

Chun got what he wanted, to name a new head coach. He could have named Wright and we would have kept the coaches and the consistency, stability and momentum from last year. Instead Chun hires a new head coach (2nd mistake by Chun).

We have all new coaches expect for Wright. It is easy to blame Wright but he us surrounded by a lot of inexperience.

At this time, the university needs to make a decision about Chun and Chun needs to make a decision about Charlie Partridge and Coach Partridge needs to make decisions about his assistant coaches.

It is clear that FAU football needs to do something different. Whatever they choose, expect another year of changes and challenges.

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 10:08 AM #338590
stop suggesting that Chun should have hire Wright this year's play calling have proven that that last year was a fluke.
Back to the top

never mind Georgia. I reread the post.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

never mind Georgia. I reread the post.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 10:59 AM #338594

Thats ok I confuse myself as well as others, ha ha.

THAT is exectly what I am afraid of with this recruiting cllass, lots of fast skill position types but the two lines….

I beleive games are still won in the trenches!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Guest said

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 10:08 AM #338590
stop suggesting that Chun should have hire Wright this year's play calling have proven that that last year was a fluke.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 10:44 AM #338593

I do beleive his play calling AS HIS OWN COACH was much better and more imaginative than when he works for another defensive minded (aka conservative) HC!
Back to the top
Control functions: