Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: Old Dominion @ FAU - 11/29/14 @ 12:00 PM

Add topic

The Matchup: Old Dominion (5-6, 3-4 C-USA) vs. FAU (3-8, 2-5 C-USA)

Monarch Team Site: Here

When: Saturday, November 29th, 12:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

TV: American Sports Network (ASN)

Local Carrier

WTCN Comcast 15

Live Video: SCHEDULE - American Sports Network

The Series: First meeting between the teams.

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do In Boca Raton, FL

Opening Line: FAU -5

Latest Line: Here

Back to the top

Coach Partridge's Week 14 Presser…

Back to the top

ODU Head Coach Bobby Wilder on the Owls…

"This is a team that is night and day how they play at home and on the road. They are 3-1 at home and 0-7 on the road. They’ve had some impressive home wins. Their only loss is a 31-28 loss to a very good UAB team that almost beat Marshall his weekend."

"They’ve had some quality wins. They beat Western Kentucky at home in a game they trailed 31-14 halftime. They came back and won 45-38, and that’s the same Western Kentucky team that beat us, so they certainly have our attention."

"Very impressive to me is they’ve only turned the ball over 13 times in 11 games. Their leading receiver, Lucky Whitehead, is one of the best players in the league, one of the most dynamic."

"Teams that have been able to protect the quarterback have had success moving the ball.  This will be a major challenge for our team as I mentioned, they are 3-1 home and it will be there senior day. So it will be and emotional day for them like this Saturday was for our team."

"As I said to our players, this game is a playoff game for us. We need to win this game to have any possibility of post-season. With a win it would get us to 6-6 and 4-4 in the league, and then we wait and see what happens with other teams that are fighting for bowl eligibility."

"So it’s a major challenge, we will have to play well in all three phases, but it’s a game that our team is already excited for."
Back to the top

I know I have been quiet this season…

but I sure love the games on ASN, been getting them all local up in NC…. even though it has not been good.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

NCowl said

I know I have been quiet this season…

but I sure love the games on ASN, been getting them all local up in NC…. even though it has not been good.

GO OWLS!
Posted On: Nov 25th 2014, 12:55 PM #338721

:cool:
Back to the top

Saturday's two deep for the Owls, per FAU…

Back to the top

After Saturday, we lose 12 names from that two-deep, not including those that have been lost to injury.

I believe Coach knows what he is doing, but it's going to take awhile to replenish the depth of contributors we had in years past. 
Back to the top

nextdoorSTB said

After Saturday, we lose 12 names from that two-deep, not including those that have been lost to injury.

I believe Coach knows what he is doing, but it's going to take awhile to replenish the depth of contributors we had in years past. 
Posted On: Nov 25th 2014, 9:14 PM #338738

Secondary is going to take a hit, that is for sure…

Loss of Whitehead (based on how much emphasis has been placed on him this year) will definitely be a BIG hit offensively.

Back to the top

I believe the offense will be just fine..Sr QB, receivers returning that can make plays down the field, RB's looking promising. Get the OL a little more tighter..looking promising.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: