Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football 2015 Outlook Note

Florida Atlantic University: 2014 Record: 3-9

FAU football finished with a 3-9 record in the first year of a major rebuilding process. Despite finishing in the bottom of it's division, the program currently boasts one of the top recruiting classes in the Conference USA and 66th overall nationally according to 247sports.com. The success on the recruiting trail should pay big dividends come fall when the Owls take the field again. Jaquez Johnson will have to improve on his numbers from 2014 which were pedestrian at best: 17:5 TD/INT ratio and 2215 passing yards. While his passing numbers aren't great, Johnson has proved to be a great compliment in the running game (513 rushing yards and 7 TD's) and he doesn't turn the football over. It's clear that he needs more talent around him and the Coaching staff has obliged by recruiting four wide receivers, one of which hails from a major HS football powerhouse, St.Thomas Aquinas.  If the hype about this recruiting class is true and Johnson maximizes on his potential, the Owls are looking at anywhere from 6 to 7 wins.

2015 prediction: 7-6
Back to the top

Stefon Napier said

Florida Atlantic University: 2014 Record: 3-9

FAU football finished with a 3-9 record in the first year of a major rebuilding process. Despite finishing in the bottom of it's division, the program currently boasts one of the top recruiting classes in the Conference USA and 66th overall nationally according to 247sports.com. The success on the recruiting trail should pay big dividends come fall when the Owls take the field again. Jaquez Johnson will have to improve on his numbers from 2014 which were pedestrian at best: 17:5 TD/INT ratio and 2215 passing yards. While his passing numbers aren't great, Johnson has proved to be a great compliment in the running game (513 rushing yards and 7 TD's) and he doesn't turn the football over. It's clear that he needs more talent around him and the Coaching staff has obliged by recruiting four wide receivers, one of which hails from a major HS football powerhouse, St.Thomas Aquinas.  If the hype about this recruiting class is true and Johnson maximizes on his potential, the Owls are looking at anywhere from 6 to 7 wins.

2015 prediction: 7-6
Posted On: Dec 1st 2014, 9:05 PM #339123
Well, he had a great group of receivers this year. Plays should be designed to give him the time to look over more than one direction before taking off and running.

Back to the top

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I best LB is graduating, and our second best is a walk on.
I'm not comfortable with our depth at the LB position to be making such big predictions at this time. I have faith in this coming recruiting class, but I believe we can have a 7-6 season OR better in 2016…

Back to the top

Not to be debbie downer but any prediction right now is extremely premature.  Kids transfer in/out, get injured in spring, summer and fall camp and every now and then a diamond in the rough pops out and really impresses.

Couple all of that with potential coaching changes, which at this point seem unlikely, and you have a lot of unknowns.

Enjoy the offseason and what I hope is a very exciting recruiting season leading up to the first Wednesday in February, save a few extra bucks if you're local so you can attend the NSD event at the stadium and enjoy the holidays!
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Not to be debbie downer but any prediction right now is extremely premature.  
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2014, 10:40 AM #339136

:Yawn:

Back to the top

We should go get some players from UAB to help build depth. They wouldnt have to sit out they could help right away.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Not to be debbie downer but any prediction right now is extremely premature.  Kids transfer in/out, get injured in spring, summer and fall camp and every now and then a diamond in the rough pops out and really impresses.

Couple all of that with potential coaching changes, which at this point seem unlikely, and you have a lot of unknowns.

Enjoy the offseason and what I hope is a very exciting recruiting season leading up to the first Wednesday in February, save a few extra bucks if you're local so you can attend the NSD event at the stadium and enjoy the holidays!
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2014, 10:40 AM #339136

Agreed.  A lot will happen before some start talking about how we should beat the Hurricanes next year, and then when we don't…how everyone should be fired.

I think yesterday should make a lot of people feel a little silly about where they perceived this program to be going.  

I remember when the entire program consisted of just a trailer near where the Ox is currently.  That was the football program…a trailer.  

Many of the newcomers look at us old-timers and perceive that we accept all this losing.  We do not! We just know where we came from and all the trials and tribulations it takes to get to where we are now headed.

Owls Up!
Back to the top

Guest said

We should go get some players from UAB to help build depth. They wouldnt have to sit out they could help right away.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2014, 7:06 AM #339231

There is some talent there too…
Back to the top
Control functions: