Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Brian Wright to Youngstown State Rumors

Not going to happen. Not unless he chooses to go somewhere on his own.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Scott Jackson said

What are the chances we fire Roc and pick up Mark Snyder from Texas A&M, he has ties to jim tressel at youngstown and at Ohio State so you know Chun would love it. He didn't do so well at Marshall in his 4 year stint as HC but I think he could make for an interesting D coordinator. Do you think he'd be good or if he would consider us?

Posted On: Nov 28th 2014, 7:20 PM #338780

Face Palm to this.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2014, 9:08 PM #338781

Let's turn to the numbers

FAU: 49 TD allowed, 223.5 rushing yards/game, 234.7 passing, 15 passing TDs, 6.26 yards/play, 458.3 yards/game

TAMU: 41 TDs allowed, 223.5 rushing yards/game, 225.3 passing yards/game, 16 passing TDs, 5.89 yards/play, 449.0 yards/game

We would be literally the same defense with Snyder.
Let's make sure we take off our SEC blinders. 

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

That's University School's offense in Harriott's final year.

Auburn QB commit (and Elite 11 winner) Sean White was usually in a shotgun single-back set with either Jordan Scarlett (Miami commit) or LaJuan Hunt (Utah State signee) next to him in the backfield. The wide receivers were Sam Bruce (Miami commit), Chris Taylor (Duke signee), Jarius Brown (Dartmouth signee) and Emmanuel Soto (Air Force signee).

The offensive line wasn't great – it is South Florida after all – so that meant it was a lot of three-step drops for White and balls to the outside for a WR corps that was one of the best.  

It was an effective strategy, as the Suns would build quick leads and then rely on the ground game to chew the clock. But when they did run into trouble, they would often go into a jumbo Wildcat-type package with Scarlett at quarterback and Brandon Boyce (Duke commit) as the lead blocker.

This is based on what I can remember (covered a few games). It was just a lot of talent on offense and a great defense (15+ FBS kids on the '13 squad).

But to answer anyone's question, no there wasn't some unique or dynamic system that Harriott had at U-School. But there was this.
Back to the top

Update on this.

Back to the top

I can't see Wright moving to Youngstown from So Florida unless the money is big. It was hard for me to move where I am, but the money was big.  I'd wait for another offer if he wants to be a head coach. He can always interview just for the experience. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I can't see Wright moving to Youngstown from So Florida unless the money is big. It was hard for me to move where I am, but the money was big.  I'd wait for another offer if he wants to be a head coach. He can always interview just for the experience. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2014, 6:28 PM #339453

He is from there.  His family lives in Ohio.  He has shown he is willing to move anywhere for the next step up.  Not saying he is taking the job if offered, but, it would seem to make sense to me.
Back to the top

fauowl said

illinoisowl said

He is from there.  His family lives in Ohio.  He has shown he is willing to move anywhere for the next step up.  Not saying he is taking the job if offered, but, it would seem to make sense to me.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2014, 7:05 PM #339454

Probably will enjoy a little more of that money.

I know when Wright was brought in he made 139,000 and I am not sure how much that has gone up, but living in South Florida takes up a lot that.

He would be in the 200,000 range at YSU.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

Jake said

fauowl said

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2014, 7:05 PM #339454

Probably will enjoy a little more of that money.

I know when Wright was brought in he made 139,000 and I am not sure how much that has gone up, but living in South Florida takes up a lot that.

He would be in the 200,000 range at YSU.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2014, 8:18 PM #339456

I looked up a few cost of living index websites. They all had Youngtown far below the national avg. I saw as much as 20% below. If he make $200K in Youngstown he should be pretty comfortable.

The area I am living in has very inexpensive realestate. This city lost so many jobs over the last two recessions. It actually shrank in population quite a bit. We'll see what the new governor, Rauner, can do for the state.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Just read an article about Bo Pelini showing interest for the Youngstown State coaching position. Article is on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12007533/former-nebraska-coach-bo-pelini-considering-head-coaching-job-youngstown-state
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Just read an article about Bo Pelini showing interest for the Youngstown State coaching position. Article is on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12007533/former-nebraska-coach-bo-pelini-considering-head-coaching-job-youngstown-state

Posted On: Dec 10th 2014, 9:55 AM #339568

That wouldnt surprise me, I think the Pelini's are from that area. Wouldnt be surprised to see Carl get a job back with his brother either. He's kept his nose clean.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: