Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WKU QB Brandon Doughty Granted 6th Year Of Eligibility

Add topic

WKU quarterback Brandon Doughty has been granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA and will return to The Hill for another season in 2015.

Doughty suffered a pair of injuries hampering his complete return to the football field in both the 2011 and 2012 seasons. Once healthy, Doughty directed the Hilltopper offenses to heights never before seen in program history, breaking the school’s single-season passing record in consecutive seasons, the Conference USA single-game passing record, and the school’s career touchdown record in just two seasons at the helm.

“This is a very happy day for all of us around the WKU football family,” said head coach Jeff Brohm. “Brandon is an outstanding young man. He is a leader on our football team, and his work on and off the field has been tremendous. We appreciate the NCAA acting in the best interests of Brandon, and we are very happy to be able to bring him back for one more season.”

Doughty has erased nearly every name from the top of the Hilltopper record books and his 2014 season, with one game still to play, will go down as one of the top performances by any quarterback in NCAA FBS history. He leads the FBS with 44 touchdowns and his 4,344 yards are also a national FBS best, as well as rank No. 35 and No. 16, respectively, on the FBS all-time single-season charts.

“My time at WKU has been very special and I am looking forward to the opportunity to come back for my sixth year to build on what we’ve started this season,” Doughty said. “Having to deal with injuries for two seasons was really tough and I never would have made it through without my faith in God and the support from my coaches, teammates and the athletic department staff. The players in that locker room are like brothers to me, and I am blessed to get to go through one more season with them.”

WKU and Doughty will begin preparations for the inaugural Popeyes Bahamas Bowl tomorrow, the second bowl game in WKU’s FBS history. The Hilltoppers will have a re-match of their first-ever bowl opponent, Central Michigan, in the Christmas Eve contest set to air on ESPN at 11 a.m. CT.
Back to the top

Are out transfers (Rutgers, Navy, Wash. St.) from the past year going to play for the Owls next year? If we can basically add them to the incoming frshman class it will be a great boost to the program!
Back to the top

Nick Internicola and Winston Chastang are in line.

Freddie Davey left, but could return.
Back to the top

Rick said

Nick Internicola and Winston Chastang are in line.

Freddie Davey left, but could return.
Posted On: Dec 10th 2014, 1:03 PM #339576

IWhat position do these guys play?
Back to the top

DE, DE, LB.
Back to the top
Control functions: