Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NE Mississippi CC TE Chandler Dexter Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Dexter signed LOI today!

Back to the top

What about Peter Bailey? the Hinds C.C. DE whose still listed on our 247 page?
Back to the top

Welcome to FAU Chandler! Looking forward to watching you play for the Owls!
Back to the top

Owl Access answers the Bailey question.
Back to the top

Release per FAU:

Junior college transfer Chandler Dexter has signed an NLI with Florida Atlantic University and will join the Owls in January 2015.

The Northeast Mississippi Community College tight end played two seasons with the Tigers, where he worked under the direction of Ricky Smither. As a sophomore, Dexter tallied 12 catches for 121 yards and two touchdowns.

Dexter, who is 6-foot-5-inches tall and 255 pounds, played high school football at Tishomingo County, where he was a two-sport athlete (football and baseball). The Iuka, Miss. native had a career total of 41 receptions for 761 yards and three scores. He averaged 18.6 yards per reception.

Dexter will have two seasons of eligibility remaining in his collegiate career when he begins at FAU in the spring.
Back to the top

Rick said

The guy runs a 4.84 40.

Just to give an idea, the NUMBER ONE rated prospect for 2015 at Y TE runs a 4.75 40.

Do the math here…he's very quick for his size.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2014, 12:23 PM #339616

I wanted to bring this thread up because its the same argument as now.
Rick pointed out some number on paper than contained to maintain that this guy was a good find for his size and speed.
I on the other hand who was skeptical of a TE with no 247 page and 15 catches in two years.
A year later this kid didn't dress for game.
Why does anyone ever doubt me??
Back to the top

didn't he not dress for the game largely due to the rise of Tyler Cameron transitioning to TE?  I think T.Cameron even be out some spots of the current TEs we had on scholly.

The players listed in the star system are largely rated due to their performances at certain camps and combines.  keep in mind, they have no pads on during this time.  You can be an all star player with no pads on and a complete flop once you're suited up against some real talent.  

some guys many not have the resources to attend these camps and therefore don't get on the radar of 247 and Rivals.
Back to the top

owl in training said

didn't he not dress for the game largely due to the rise of Tyler Cameron transitioning to TE?  I think T.Cameron even be out some spots of the current TEs we had on scholly.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2016, 2:04 PM #354135

Yes, yes, and he wanted to go home on top of it.

But, don't waste your time, it's futile.
Back to the top

Wasn't he also injured?
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Wasn't he also injured?
Posted On: Jan 29th 2016, 4:25 PM #354137

In the spring he was.
Back to the top
Control functions: