Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Causey?

Add topic

Looks gone

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - 2015 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl Updates

Latest: Causey remains committed to FAU but a host of other, "larger" offers threaten to change that. It seems likely that a change of commitment could come down the pipe before Signing Day
Leaders: FAU, to which Causey is committed, needs to be considered the "leader", but Tennessee and Kentucky are real players to change his mind. All three are on near level ground. Should the Vols or Wildcats have room for him in the 2015 class, FAU may soon find itself scrambling to replace him.

Dark Horse: Louisville

Quotable: "I'm probably going to end up visiting Tennessee and Kentucky after this game is over. I told FAU about that. I told them I'm going to keep my options open. They really have no choice but to respect it." – Causey on his current situation.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Looks gone

https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1720365

Latest: Causey remains committed to FAU but a host of other, "larger" offers threaten to change that. It seems likely that a change of commitment could come down the pipe before Signing Day
Leaders: FAU, to which Causey is committed, needs to be considered the "leader", but Tennessee and Kentucky are real players to change his mind. All three are on near level ground. Should the Vols or Wildcats have room for him in the 2015 class, FAU may soon find itself scrambling to replace him.

Quotable: "I'm probably going to end up visiting Tennessee and Kentucky after this game is over. I told FAU about that. I told them I'm going to keep my options open. They really have no choice but to respect it." – Causey on his current situation.

Posted On: Jan 1st 2015, 8:49 PM #340300

That's too bad.  I was told that the coaching staff recruited 25 and only 25. 
Back to the top

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

Looks gone

https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1720365

That's too bad.  I was told that the coaching staff recruited 25 and only 25. 

Posted On: Jan 1st 2015, 9:24 PM #340302
I think your kidding and I doubt that's true.
Regardless it would be awful to lose out number 1 guy and we might also lost Jones as well. Late switchs hurts schools we could be left offering kids off the scrap heap. 
If we lose those two out class will lose a lot of luster.
After all the FAB 15 talk finishing 3rd or 4th in C-USA in recruiting would be a huge let down.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

"I'm probably going to end up visiting Tennessee and Kentucky after this game is over. I told FAU about that. I told them I'm going to keep my options open. They really have no choice but to respect it." – Causey on his current situation.

Wow, that smacks of arrogance.

We need people who want to be here, and FAU should just pull his offer and move on with talk like that.

It's a foreshadowing of what they will get on the field.
Back to the top

They have back ups for both. 

Look at the CBs / DBS we have committed beyond causey, who has always been a soft commit.

And the LBs behind jones.

We also have offers behind them in case they decommitted.

Don't get me wrong, they are both really good players who could bring a lot to FAU, but te staff has a plan in place & numerous back up plans. 
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

"I'm probably going to end up visiting Tennessee and Kentucky after this game is over. I told FAU about that. I told them I'm going to keep my options open. They really have no choice but to respect it." – Causey on his current situation.

We need people who want to be here, and FAU should just pull his offer and move on with talk like that.

Posted On: Jan 1st 2015, 10:58 PM #340304
I really have no problem with it.  After all, he's right…FAU doesn't have a choice.  This decision is his and his alone.  These commitments are all non-binding.  We can pull the offer just as easily as he can change his commitment.  The player has every right explore all offers and find the best fit for him.  I hope he chooses FAU, but if not, we move on.  Commits change their minds all the time at every school.  It's just part of the game.  
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jan 1st 2015, 10:58 PM #340304
absolute face palm to this post.

Hate to break this to you a lot of these kids are arrogant. Not every kid we get is going to be #Fab15 win today with every tweet.
Pulling the offer of maybe the highest rated recurit FAU has ever had because of you don't like his tone is ridicules 
Your right Rick id rather have 25 kids that are crazy about about going here but when 13 of the 25 have costal carolina and Furman as the other offers we will continue to go 3-9.
As you know I talk to Andrew everyday and I don't think many people realize how much many of these 18 year old kids love to troll fans bases. Why not they are having fun with the process.
It's part our fault with all the coverage they get they feel like celebrities.
Rashard is playing in the Semper Fi game and is surrounded by a lot of talent and I'm sure a lot of being around the game and who he is talking to are not taking his FAU commit serious. 
Back to the top

I will take a humble hard-working recruit over an arrogant highly-ranked (by third-party "services") selfish recruit every day of the week.  Recruits have the right to change their mind and say what they want.  There are plenty who do it with respect and humility. Those are the ones I hate to see get away.  The other ones, not so much.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I will take a humble hard-working recruit over an arrogant highly-ranked (by third-party "services") selfish recruit every day of the week.  Recruits have the right to change their mind and say what they want.  There are plenty who do it with respect and humility. Those are the ones I hate to see get away.  The other ones, not so much.
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2015, 7:36 AM #340309

My point exactly!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Posted On: Jan 2nd 2015, 7:36 AM #340309
I have to disagree, its nice to have the humble guy but in the end talent wins.
The other intangibles are overrated.
It would be nice get a guy with SEC offers.
Also you guys are acting like he came out and said "hey FAU is my back up if so and so doesn't offer. What he said is the truth FAU has to respect his ability to look around.
Schools will offer kids all the time and say "hey we are full right now but if anyone drops this is yours" telling a kid he is a 2nd option.
But when the athlete tells the same thing to a school you call it arrogance. 

Also people in the nest you guy have a tendency  of doing this. When our class ranking are high you run around with the #FAB15 Blah blah stuff.
Now that we might lose a couple guys and fall to 3 or 4th in the comfrence it's not Charlie's fault for bringing in an AVG class it's the website and the star system is stupid.
Back to the top
Control functions: