Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

KEITH REASER DRAFTED

Add topic

Here are some hard real numbers about hs recruiting stars and how many at each level reached the NFL draft;

A five-star recruit had a three-in-five chance of getting drafted (16 of 27). A Four-star recruit had a one-in-five chance of getting drafted (77 of 395). A three-star recruit had a one-in-18 chance of getting drafted (92 of 1,644). A two-star/unrated recruit had a one-in-34 chance of getting drafted (71 of 2,434).

No it definately not a "perfect" science but it does seem to work out in the long run. And the "BigBoy" programs don't spend much time or money recruiting 2 star or not rated players. They are accepting 3 star types with "lesser" offers as their walk-ons many times (think Baker Mayfield at TT this year).

But gladly we as a program are now competing with the "BigBoy" programs for better recruits now. Go Owls and congrats to all our FAU players whom were drafted or signed as free agents this year. Quite a good and impressive group.
Back to the top

Interesting how many Five Star prospects landed in the pick count against the others in the 1st Round though:

Five Star - 4

Four Star - 13

Three Star - 12

Two Star - 3

Guess there isn't much difference in amount of Two Stars taken when it comes to teams willing to pony up Top Dollar!

On a side note:

Talk about letting one get away from us in Khalil Mack…wow.

No offers aside from Buffalo - which he only got due to a coaching change.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

And the "BigBoy" programs don't spend much time or money recruiting 2 star or not rated players.
Posted On: May 12th 2014, 9:27 PM #331375

A lot of times it is because the star system is based on the reputation of the big boy program.  If FAU recruits a 2 star, and then Florida becomes interested, the recruit suddenly becomes a 3 star.  

The flaw in the system, for me, is that every HS player cannot possibly be evaluated consistently.  An agency or group slaps an arbitrary rating on many players and then the reputation of the big boys drives the ratings.
Back to the top

Rick said

Interesting how many Five Star prospects landed in the pick count against the others in the 1st Round though:

Five Star - 4

Four Star - 13

Three Star - 12

Two Star - 3

Guess there isn't much difference in amount of Two Stars taken when it comes to teams willing to pony up Top Dollar!

On a side note:

Talk about letting one get away from us in Khalil Mack…wow.

No offers aside from Buffalo - which he only got due to a coaching change.

Posted On: May 12th 2014, 10:30 PM #331376

I would think probably FAU's All-Time miss! And evryone else too of course be was in OUR BACKYARD! Imagine last years D WITH HIM ON IT! WOW!
Back to the top

fauowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

And the "BigBoy" programs don't spend much time or money recruiting 2 star or not rated players.
Posted On: May 12th 2014, 9:27 PM #331375

A lot of times it is because the star system is based on the reputation of the big boy program.  If FAU recruits a 2 star, and then Florida becomes interested, the recruit suddenly becomes a 3 star.  

The flaw in the system, for me, is that every HS player cannot possibly be evaluated consistently.  An agency or group slaps an arbitrary rating on many players and then the reputation of the big boys drives the ratings.

Posted On: May 13th 2014, 4:08 AM #331377

That is very true unforturately, I think our REAL problem in the past was so many unrated and unoffered recruits. WAY too many to compete even in the Belt! And with our early success I feel there was ZERO excuse for that!
Back to the top

Nice article/interview via Taylor Price at 49ers.com with Coach Jared Allen on Reaser…

“Keith was always around the ball,” Allen said. “He always made plays. He was just a guy who was long and it was hard for receivers to get a good release off of him. And he had great ball skills; he could always make plays when the ball was around him. Some defensive backs don’t have those ball skills, but Keith did."

Keith Reaser Known at FAU for Ball-hawking
Back to the top

With the massive staff shake up, I wonder what's in store for Keith. Almost the entire coaching staff is gone. I hope he still gets a chance to hit the field and show them what he's really about.

49ers release Ed Donatell, Vic Fangio, Jim Leavitt from contracts 49ers release Ed Donatell, Vic Fangio, Jim Leavitt from contracts
Back to the top

Lol Jim Leavitt. Actually, LOL @ USF for firing him.
Back to the top

Lame Kiffin to San Fran??
Back to the top
Control functions: