Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Hosting CUSA Meetings this Week; UAB's Membership to be Discussed

Add topic

Does anybody know what time and where the meetings will take place? I would like to be near-by and lend support to the #FreeUAB movement.
Back to the top

Off campus but we aren't hosting, it's just down here. Winter meetings… best bet would be to contact conference office but probably no session will be "public".
Back to the top

Thanks for the clarification Rick. Yeah, I wasn't exactly expecting the sessions to be open to the public, but UAB President Ray Watts would have to enter and leave the location somehow, and I'd like to give him my two cents when he does.
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

Thanks for the clarification Rick. Yeah, I wasn't exactly expecting the sessions to be open to the public, but UAB President Ray Watts would have to enter and leave the location somehow, and I'd like to give him my two cents when he does.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2015, 5:51 PM #341084

If i didnt have to teach all day, I would join you Jack. Just dont get arrested….LOL>
Back to the top

Posted On: Jan 21st 2015, 5:51 PM #341084

Ahh!

Classic  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

FREE UAB!
Back to the top

I knew this post had to do with jack David Whidden III!!!
Back to the top

I actually got hold of a few local UAB alumni who plan to join me. I just need to know the location and the time.
Back to the top

I actually got hold of a few local UAB alumni who plan to join me. I just need to know the location and the time.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2015, 11:29 PM #341094

Are you supporting for UAB to stay in the conference for Basketball?  They are a strong basketball program but I am not sure it is in the best interest of our conference.  I am on the fence.  I can be swayed by pros and cons.  Just not sure our conf is strong enough to have schools without football.  Any thoughts?
Back to the top

fauowl said

Posted On: Jan 21st 2015, 11:29 PM #341094
Are you supporting for UAB to stay in the conference for Basketball?  They are a strong basketball program but I am not sure it is in the best interest of our conference.  I am on the fence.  I can be swayed by pros and cons.  Just not sure our conf is strong enough to have schools without football.  Any thoughts?

Posted On: Jan 22nd 2015, 7:44 AM #341096

Academically UAB is a great school to be associated with.  Sports wise they are at the mercy of a board that if they feel any of their beloved U of Alabama sports teams are threatened they are going to shut down that sport.  I unfortunately believe that C-USA is going to have to ask them to leave.  The conference will do better with full membership programs and not associate members.
Back to the top
Control functions: