Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spring Intra-squads

Add topic

The spring Intra-squad games start tomorrow, Friday, January 23.  The 1st pitch for each of this weekend's games are:

Friday -  4:00 pm
Saturday - 9:45 am
Sunday - 1:00 pm

The guys have been working hard and looking good out there.
Back to the top

BIG question:

How's the hitting looking??

Haven't had a chance to get by yet, but hope to do so before season starts…
Back to the top

As much as the pitching has developed (Jackson and McGarry both top 100 prospects for their class), the hitting may have done even moreso. There is pop showing throughout the order. There are also a fair amount of new guys, and they are swinging well. What I like is that a lot of the bats are like Mike Lowell in his prime - well-hit balls with a good amount of "doubles that went too far" for home runs.

In short, this is my 21st year of going to the games, and I don't think I've ever been this excited for a season to start. Just 22 days, 3 hours and 16 minutes until opening pitch.
Back to the top

21 years?!?

Didn't know that!

You were around when I was raising the Flag out in center field before the game, and announcing!

Many, many, many moons ago…

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

After last season, all I want to see is more  hitting and more scoring. Our pitching is always fine. Lat year's hitting was not good.
Back to the top

I don't ever recall a series of fall practices ever seeing the number of home runs we hit. You will see some scoring, no question on that.
Back to the top

I'm glad . Never seen more DP's than last year. Hard hit ground balls, hit right to someone, doesn't win games. I know Coach Mac saw the same thing we were seeing last year. Baseball ! FAU's best program.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm glad . Never seen more DP's than last year. Hard hit ground balls, hit right to someone, doesn't win games. I know Coach Mac saw the same thing we were seeing last year. Baseball ! FAU's best program.
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2015, 7:12 PM #341110

I agree with everything. This team went through a adjustment period last season and learned to grow up. I think they can contend with the best of Conference USA. Heck Coach Mac should get a show like the basketball coaches and Coach Partridge has, but since baseball is not a major money sport it may not happen, but he defintley deserves one.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Just watched the baseball video. Please , please S-can those flat brim baseball caps. I know I'm not a kid, but I can't stand those stupid looking things.
Back to the top
Control functions: