Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lincoln OL Tarrick Thomas commits to FAU Football

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

Wow well this ruins a good recruiting weekend for us.
Charlie has lost the top rated commit 4 times in this class.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 4:26 PM #341159

What other offers does he have that concerns you the most?  I have no clue.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm joking because you are one of the few that uses your entire name. Not a name you can hide behind like "local". The class may get one less unless the coaches go hold the hand of James King. His Arkansas visit with Randy Shannon was this weekend. Randy can smile and lie with the best of them.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 7:02 PM #341167

Randy is at UF now I think….

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Walty, I think you're correct. I do know James was in Arkansas though. FAUOWL, Tarrick has decommitted but has yet to make up his mind. We are still in the mix. And Brandon, I too want a Dlineman but it looks as though the coaches are on a two year plan. Bulk up DB's,OL, and LB's this year and probably go after more LB's and DL next year. I think they started courting the DL a little too late this year. But that is just my guess.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Local Owl said

I'm joking because you are one of the few that uses your entire name. Not a name you can hide behind like "local". The class may get one less unless the coaches go hold the hand of James King. His Arkansas visit with Randy Shannon was this weekend. Randy can smile and lie with the best of them.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 7:02 PM #341167

Randy is at UF now I think….

Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 7:06 PM #341169

Yes Randy is at UF, which is hilarious, because the Gator fans hated him…
Back to the top

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

Williams is pretty good too. May even be an upgrade oer thomas. 

This weekend has been good, Leonard & Williams are both quality players & have the maturity to compete for playin time immediately. 
Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 5:30 PM #341163
Did yo break down film lol
If Williams was better we would not have waited till now to offer till now and Thomas in June.
We better flip Thomas back one becuase good O linemen are hard to come by and to show they can flip a kid back.

Do not try and sell me that this kids we are replacing with the kids we are losing are upgrades.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This weekend has been good, Leonard & Williams are both quality players & have the maturity to compete for playin time immediately. 

Do not try and sell me that this kids we are replacing with the kids we are losing are upgrades.

Posted On: Jan 26th 2015, 11:33 AM #341191

I couldnt agree w you more OC40… if we look at the ESPN star system, it looks more like a downgrade.
Thomas rated 76, Williams 73
J Harris 73, Leonard not rated.

It's hard to trust the coaches recruiting process/skills when they have a problem retaining quality players. Flipping an FIU commit is pleasing, but retaining players that we lost to Rutgers or MTSU would be even more satisfying.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Thomas rated 76, Williams 73
J Harris 73, Leonard not rated.
Posted On: Jan 26th 2015, 12:14 PM #341196

Couple points to note…

Williams is not Thomas' replacement…we are still after Thomas hard, and could very well have them both.

Also, Harris and Leonard are two completely different types of players.

Regardless, Leonard is now a three star prospect, as Harris was.

IMHO, we will be better off with Leonard in the long run.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

If Williams was better we would not have waited till now to offer till now and Thomas in June.
We better flip Thomas back one becuase good O linemen are hard to come by and to show they can flip a kid back.

Posted On: Jan 26th 2015, 11:33 AM #341191

In a nice tone…

Did you?  

That isn't fact.  Camps have different timing, there are hundreds of athletes for the staff to scout.  Unless you know this, just complete speculation.

I hope we do, however we have 3-4 quality OL without him.

Whose selling?  I would like for you to give me the differences between Harris and the kid from Mississippi that just committed this weekend?  Do you really have any clue which is more athletic?  Can you say with certainty that one has more ability than the other?  You know much about their character and work ethic?  If so, how?  Because of a number of scholarship offers?  Doesn't really work like that…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

give me the differences between Harris and the kid from Mississippi that just committed this weekend

Posted On: Jan 26th 2015, 12:42 PM #341198

Possession and x quality receiver vs slot receiver.

Leonard is Lestar Jean like, and Harris is somewhat Lucky Whitehead like, but not a shifty.
Back to the top

Coach Partridge is en route to Thomas.

In home visit.

Time to get this ship back on track.

Back to the top
Control functions: