Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Student Section Moving

Heard they are moving the student section to the opposite end zone can this be confirmed anyone know why? More seats for students? easier to sell tickets on east side? 
Back to the top

Student section is being moved from the south end zone to the north end zone. University wanted to create a better game day environment.  The seating is actually about the same from the south and north. We are working on creating a more family friendly end zone in the south.  
Back to the top

John Z My question is what happens to the fans in that end zone I get you can just flip them to the other side but I honestly think for the troubles your should upgrade those holders to the east side for a couple years.
Back to the top

John,

Not trying to "argue", but the student leadership was/is driving this.

They want to be able to see the scoreboard…

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

John Z My question is what happens to the fans in that end zone I get you can just flip them to the other side but I honestly think for the troubles your should upgrade those holders to the east side for a couple years.
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2015, 2:21 PM #341509

We reached out to everyone that was affected before the announcement was made to let them know. Not all of the North End Zone was affected, only part of it. What we did was the give them the option to have seats in the south that was a mirrior image to theirs or upgrade. Some people did not mind the move at all and others we gave them the option for seats on the east sideline for this season only.  

Rick said

John,

Not trying to "argue", but the student leadership was/is driving this.

They want to be able to see the scoreboard…
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2015, 2:25 PM #341510

No Rick you are correct with that so no arguing here. We are now looking to create a family freindly environment in the south end zone more with this move.
Back to the top

John_Z said

Rick said

John,

Not trying to "argue"…

…no arguing here.
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2015, 2:38 PM #341511

See how easy that was!

:Hug:

Back to the top

Rick said

John_Z said

Rick said

John,

Not trying to "argue"…

…no arguing here.
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2015, 2:38 PM #341511

See how easy that was!

:Hug:

Posted On: Feb 3rd 2015, 2:42 PM #341513

I don't remember them asking the students who actually go to the games.

I for one, love the South End zone. It is literally right next to the tailgates, we sit near the band, and don't have to walk all the way to the other side of the stadium (just walk right in & sit down). It is cool having our own section and being separated from the rest of the fans. I cannot imagine how many fights may break out because students will be right near opposing fans. Scary thought.

I could not care less about seeing the jumbotron. If i wanted to watch the game on the television then I would.

They should have tabled about the decision in the Breezeway. Then they would have had the actual opinions & raise awareness of the student section.

Needless to  say, I will be at every game regardless, but I just cannot stand them killing tradition left & right.
Back to the top

Agree with Brandon. This could be okay if the away fans move. But Miami fans right next to our student section is an AWFUL idea, that'll get violent very quickly.

Moreover, I'm not happy that the away team's band will be closer to the student section than our own band. When most FAU students have no clue what to do when the band plays certain songs, how will putting them closer to the other team's band help? If the students don't know what to do, EDUCATE them.

When students are already late to enter the game, why make their schlep longer than it already is? Yes, it's only 100 yards, but now they're going past beer stands, food, UM fans that are going to want to fight, etch…

Finally, in the fickle fan capital of America, something as small as turning your head after every play to see the replay is enough to keep fans from coming back. Us students dealt with it because we're at the games for free. And we're most likely too busy yelling at the refs or opposing team to watch replays anyways.

What I'm trying to get at is. DON'T FIX SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BROKEN. We have the best student section in South Florida save for when UM plays FSU or UF.

John, thanks again for taking the time to talk to us. I'll speak for all of us here when I say it means A LOT to hear from a voice from the organization that we all care so much about. But I must ask how silly it is to make a family friendly zone in an area where EVERY SINGLE STUDENT will have to walk past to get to their seats. I do my best to be on my best behavior to represent the university well whenever I'm in that stadium. After a drink or two, that becomes more and more difficult. Most students aren't as conscious of the repercussions of their actions after drinking for 8 hours straight, let alone aware of consequences of their actions when their sober. Hence why I liked the "buffer zone" separating the students from potential diners and families. Having those paths cross (and cross with away fans that sit in the NE corner) is a mess waiting to happen.
Back to the top

I left a message with my ticket guy at the ticket office to see if it effects me. Nothing yet. 
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

Agree with Brandon. This could be okay if the away fans move. But Miami fans right next to our student section is an AWFUL idea, that'll get violent very quickly.

Moreover, I'm not happy that the away team's band will be closer to the student section than our own band. When most FAU students have no clue what to do when the band plays certain songs, how will putting them closer to the other team's band help? If the students don't know what to do, EDUCATE them.

When students are already late to enter the game, why make their schlep longer than it already is? Yes, it's only 100 yards, but now they're going past beer stands, food, UM fans that are going to want to fight, etch…

Finally, in the fickle fan capital of America, something as small as turning your head after every play to see the replay is enough to keep fans from coming back. Us students dealt with it because we're at the games for free. And we're most likely too busy yelling at the refs or opposing team to watch replays anyways.

What I'm trying to get at is. DON'T FIX SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BROKEN. We have the best student section in South Florida save for when UM plays FSU or UF.

John, thanks again for taking the time to talk to us. I'll speak for all of us here when I say it means A LOT to hear from a voice from the organization that we all care so much about. But I must ask how silly it is to make a family friendly zone in an area where EVERY SINGLE STUDENT will have to walk past to get to their seats. I do my best to be on my best behavior to represent the university well whenever I'm in that stadium. After a drink or two, that becomes more and more difficult. Most students aren't as conscious of the repercussions of their actions after drinking for 8 hours straight, let alone aware of consequences of their actions when their sober. Hence why I liked the "buffer zone" separating the students from potential diners and families. Having those paths cross (and cross with away fans that sit in the NE corner) is a mess waiting to happen.

Posted On: Feb 3rd 2015, 3:19 PM #341515

I remember going to the Texas game in Austin.  The visitor section was right next to the student section.  No fights!  In my entire life going to away stadiums or life in general, I have never gotten in a fist fight I didn't want to get in to, or to take it a step further I haven't been in a fist fight since grade school.  You don't have to be obnoxious and respond to an idiot.  And if you say well after drinking for 8 hours, my response is don't drink for 8 hours if you are going to lose control of your actions.  I know, you will say we are college kids and that's what we do, well I would say fine, but if you think it will cause you be obnoxious to visiting fans then maybe you should reconsider.  A lot of people went to Lincoln for the Nebraska game and all the people would say how nice and friendly their fans were to us, why not make that the reputation FAU has to visiting fans.   one last thing UM fans will not just be in that one section, they will be ALL over the stadium.
Back to the top
Control functions: