Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Roger Harriott Steps Down as Running Backs Coach

Florida Atlantic University’s running back coach Roger Harriott has stepped down from his position.

“When this staff was put together, it was with men of character and family values,” said Charlie Partridge, FAU’s head football coach.

“Roger needs to step away from the game we love to focus on his parents in Jamaica, his wife, Marisa, and his five children. A decision only a family man would make. We are grateful for all he has done and wish him and his family the best.”

Harriott guided the backs in 2014 to one of their most productive seasons in program history. Partridge has not set a time table to fill the position.
Back to the top

I wish him good luck.

Big shoes to fill if you ask me. Our running game was decent last year (minus the fumbles).
Back to the top

I am willing to bet he ends up taking the STA job. I am guessing this has been k own foe months. I'm guessing Charlie asked him to wait till after signing day.
Back to the top

Lets offer Jack Daniels from Dwyer this job now.   We didn't have enough to pay him before, this opens that door.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Lets offer Jack Daniels from Dwyer this job now.   We didn't have enough to pay him before, this opens that door.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2015, 12:44 PM #341888

He's really into teaching. Does a lot for the kids at Dwyer doubt he'll leave. 

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

Welp.
Back to the top

now don't blast me for this…just a thought.  Who was the UAB RB coach?  how was their running game?  don't their coaches need jobs?
Back to the top

I would prefer that we offered the position to a college coach, not a high school coach. Having high school coaches makes me uncomfortable.. yes it may give you a slight recruiting advantage but when signing day is over you want someone who has proven experience at this level.
Back to the top

I'm with you Owl2doc. We did ok with Roger but I don't know if I would roll the dice twice with a HS guy. Roger was ready to step up . I don't know many HS guys at that level.
Back to the top

Vanderbilt had no issue.
Back to the top
Control functions: