Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Duffy's owner passes at Age 62

Add topic

Sad to find out that Duffy's owner Paul Emmett has died at age 62 from cancer. Duffys has been a great supporter of FAU athletics over the pass years.

Duffy’s Sports Grill owner Paul Emmett dies at 62 in Palm Beach | The Miami Herald The Miami Herald
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Sad to find out that Duffy's owner Paul Emmett has died at age 62 from cancer. Duffys has been a great supporter of FAU athletics over the pass years.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/obituaries/article9706109.html

Posted On: Feb 10th 2015, 9:33 PM #342055

Yeah, I remember when they kicked the coaches show out of their restaurant during the Pelini fiasco stating that it didn't draw customers.  Well, I would have waited until after the season was over to end the agreement there were only 4 games left.  I haven't stepped foot in a Duffy's since.
Back to the top

Guest said

Yeah, I remember when they kicked the coaches show out of their restaurant during the Pelini fiasco stating that it didn't draw customers.  Well, I would have waited until after the season was over to end the agreement there were only 4 games left.  I haven't stepped foot in a Duffy's since.

Posted On: Feb 10th 2015, 10:27 PM #342057

God Bless the man's family, and sorry to hear of his battle, but that was a rather strange way to end a relationship.

Back to the top

Ouch, bile duct cancer. Sorry to hear that.

I went to Duffy's in the beginning to watch away games - especially the bowl games - but always felt like FAU fans were an afterthought there and the food was just average so we stopped going.

As an aside, the Tilted Kilt on Airport Road is a great place if you like coeds and sports. Looking forward to watching an away game there if they host. And maybe if they host they can finally put up some FAU stuff in there.
Back to the top

Fond memories sitting in that back room watching the Owls beat Troy in 2007, I went outside, half in the bag, jumped on my phone and bought 2 tickets to New Orleans from the parking lot. Still makes me smile to see an R&L Carriers truck on the highway! 
Back to the top
Control functions: