Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU vs. Marshall - 02/28/15 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

TRENDING: The Owls have been outscored 36-18 since the 16:49 mark of the 2nd.
Back to the top

:51 to go…and it's over.

FAU 61  Marshall 79
Back to the top

FINAL:

FAU 63  Marshall 79

Owls will go winless on the road in C-USA play for the 2014-2015 season, and the losing streak is now at 11 games.
Back to the top

FINAL QUICK STATS:

FAU 43% FG, 35% 3PT

Marshall 59% FG, 43% 3PT

Botley paces the Owls with 19 points, but only saw 4 in the 2nd half.

Turman adds 12 points, Poole has 10, and Johnson saw 8 off the bench.

The Owls out rebounded 32-26, and edged 36-28 in the paint.

Jackson Trapp did not attempt a shot.

Justin Edmonds posted a career and game high 27 points for Marshall.
Back to the top

UGLY !
Back to the top

OFFICIAL BOX SCORE:

Back to the top

Jackson Trapp leads the Owls in 3PT% by a HANDY margin, and is 4th in all of C-USA.

He's also the Team's best FT shooter.

But he had ZERO shot attempts, and never made it to the line.

All while playing a game high 37 minutes.

Back to the top

its is amazing to me that we lose game after game doing the same thing over and over - to allow several players who rarely play team ball to continue to play that way game after game - to have your center shoot 3 3's in a game, when you have great perimeter shooters on the team! Jackson Trapp needs to shoot more and in general be more aggressive but can't the team come up with plays for him to get open? I remember with Jarvis there were tons of plays for Gantt and Pablo to come off screens and shoot..Kelvin Penn and Justin Raffington need to work harder to score in the paint and stop letting everyone push them around!  Too bad we will never know how good they might have been had they played as a team! Everyone needs to play defense, not just 2 guys! There was a time during the season where we won 3 games in a row and were playing as a TEAM. Then, things unravelled. I have watched many college games and the only time a team uses a point guard to dribble the ball around the perimeter for 20-25 seconds is when they are playing for the last shot of the half or the game. But the coach allows our team to do it several times a game. Watch what the other players are doing while Botley is dribbling the ball around. Johnson does a better job of getting everyone involved. I love basketball and FAU and it is frustrating to watch!  
Back to the top