Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Roger Harriott Steps Down as Running Backs Coach

That's a wonderful thought Rick. I'm with fauowl and oc on this one. Totally his choice, but don't make up stuff to make a move.Just make the move.
Back to the top

Just stating facts…he turned the job down repeatedly after stepping down.

He also turned down Vanderbilt and was given more money to stay here.

This may look like a conspiracy theory on the outside, but it isn't one…
Back to the top

5 really young kids, wife trying to manage that while he's off working 90 hours a week as a D1 coach. 

End of story. High school offers him way more latitude than college.

Happy wife, happy life.
Back to the top

Yea, you dont have to spend 6 weeks on the road recruiting and traveling for road games when you coach HS.  That is a lot of kids.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm not saying it was the wrong move. He is a smart man. The story leading up to it smells a little funny. Waiting till after signing day and all. Besides, at this point my thoughts don't really matter. It is what it is.
Back to the top

Congrats on the STA job Coach H. Hope you are very successful there an PLEASE help send some quality recruits our way.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm not saying it was the wrong move. He is a smart man. The story leading up to it smells a little funny. Waiting till after signing day and all. Besides, at this point my thoughts don't really matter. It is what it is.
Posted On: Mar 5th 2015, 5:45 PM #343154

Find it interesting that none of the kids we signed have publically said anything negative about him leaving after signing day…leads me to believe he wasn't the recruitor that sold them on coming.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

teambeer said

5 really young kids, wife trying to manage that while he's off working 90 hours a week as a D1 coach. 

End of story. High school offers him way more latitude than college.

Happy wife, happy life.
Posted On: Mar 5th 2015, 4:57 PM #343151

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. The college position may  have its perks but "lots of free time with family" isn't one of them.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Mar 5th 2015, 5:45 PM #343154
Find it interesting that none of the kids we signed have publically said anything negative about him leaving after signing day…leads me to believe he wasn't the recruitor that sold them on coming.
Posted On: Mar 6th 2015, 1:10 AM #343208
Weren't his recruits the one whom we could not keep and sign? To me either that didnt sit well with the program or maybe he was disillusioned that his guys did not stick to him like he thought they would? Guess we will never know.

I wish him the best though and hope all other Owl fans will too and not burn bridges to the HC of the top HS football program in Florida!

This IS an opportunity I hope that Coaches P and H can REALLY begin a pipeline from STA to FAU!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

This IS an opportunity I hope that Coaches P and H can REALLY begin a pipeling from STA to FAU!
Posted On: Mar 7th 2015, 12:50 PM #343269

Pipeline!!! Yess!!!! (crossing fingers)
Back to the top
Control functions: