Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Illinois State vs #20 FAU - Mar 10th, 2015 @ 3:30

Add topic

What: Illinois State (6-6) at Florida Atlantic (14-2)

When: Tue, Mar 10th at 3:30 PM

Where: FAU Baseball Stadium

Stream: None

Stats: Here

Series: Illinois State leads 4-0, sweeping FAU in 1997 and taking a solo game in 2001.

Projected Starters:

ISU - RHP Matt Lambert (0-1, 16.62 ERA)
FAU - LHP Brandon Rhodes (0-0, 3.32 ERA)

Game Notes

The Owls welcome in the Redbirds of Illinois State for an afternoon weekday match-up. Illinois State is coming into Boca Raton following the Snowbird Classic in Port Charlotte, FL where they finished 2-1 against their opponents.

FAU, who is currently on an eight game winning streak overall, also has a 10 game winning streak at home, where they are 14-1.

C-USA Hitter of the Week Ricky Santiago (.382, 2 HR, 22 RBI) will look to lead the Owls to victory after a strong offensive performance over Spring Break, where he hit .429, drove in 10 runs and scores 5 on his own.

FAU's 5-0 finish for the previous week has moved them up to #20 in the D1Baseball.com Poll, and #22 in the NCBWA Poll.
Back to the top

What does Baseball America have against us? Only major poll not to have us ranked and it's not the first time. Maybe they are waiting for conference play?
Back to the top

Not sure, but when they finally place us there, at least it has been scrutinized thoroughly!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I'm still shocked Rice is ranked 10th (D1 Baseball)… They lost 6 games!!!! we practically have the same record as southern cal, and they went from not ranked to 13th!!!
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

I'm still shocked Rice is ranked 10th (D1 Baseball)… They lost 6 games!!!! we practically have the same record as southern cal, and they went from not ranked to 13th!!!
Posted On: Mar 10th 2015, 11:13 AM #343428

They've both been there before.  How it works in all DI sports.  If we are 6-2 in football and Alabama is 6-2 in football they will be ranked ahead of us.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

TODAY'S STARTERS:

ISU: LF Dwyer, 2b Kelch, C DeJong, 3b Koziol, 1b Snyder, RF Hendren, DH Molitor, SS Solon, CF Beesley. RHP Lambert (0-1, 16.62 ERA) gets the start for the Redbirds.

FAU: 2b Kerr, 1b Lashley, RF Sanger, 3b Santiago, CF Collins, DH Puerta, LF Dicks, C Miller, SS Chatham. LHP Sean Labsan (0-0, 5.19 ERA) will start for the Owls.

Back to the top

walty12 said

Island_Owl88 said

Posted On: Mar 10th 2015, 11:13 AM #343428

They've both been there before.  How it works in all DI sports.  If we are 6-2 in football and Alabama is 6-2 in football they will be ranked ahead of us.
Posted On: Mar 10th 2015, 1:58 PM #343430

Media Darlings.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: