Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Middle Tennessee vs FAU - 03/07/15 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

Expected a much closer game!

Wish that would have happened for the Seniors…

:Crying:
Back to the top

FAU: 42% FG, 33% 3FG, 60% FTs.

MTSU: 52% FG, 33% 3FG, 100 FTs

FAU committed 16 turnovers for the night that turned into 26 points for the Blue Raiders. MTSU was 18-18 from the line tonight compared to FAU's 6-10. Turman played 15 minutes and was 5-6 from the floor with 10 points and 4 rebounds. Not sure why he didn't get more minutes, although he did have three fouls early in the second half.
Back to the top

The 42% and 60% are the numbers that pretty much tells the story of this year's BB team. Those are numbers that will not win games. Either we improve those numbers or we will continue to be at or near the bottom of the conference. The coaches and team need to regroup, reevaluate, recruit and come back next year and try again. FAU BB can't be so bad that we can't climb out of the cellar. Kind of glad this season is over though. Bought season tickets and attended one game. Nothing to get excited about.  Hope that changes in the next couple of years.
Back to the top

OFFICIAL BOX SCORE:

Back to the top

Next year we will be good. But hey, I say that every year.

Could be worse, we could still be stuck with Jarvis & wouldn't have had turman or poole. Not to mention what he has for next year.
Back to the top

Finishing dead last in the conference isn't cool. I hope coach Curry can recruit some skilled players and not just put bodies on a roster. 

At least there's baseball. 
Back to the top

Yea, 2-14 in conference is tough.  All of our investing seems to be on football which I am fine with…but it has to start paying dividends.  This upcoming football season is as important a season as we've ever had.  To keep our recruiting momentum we HAVE to win more football games.

Basketball…I am not even sure what needs to be done.  I know our facilities aren't CUSA level for starters which makes recruiting in a football state an even more uphill battle.  Poole and Thurman are going to have to make big strides for this team to be formidable next year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Yea, 2-14 in conference is tough.  All of our investing seems to be on football which I am fine with…but it has to start paying dividends.  This upcoming football season is as important a season as we've ever had.  To keep our recruiting momentum we HAVE to win more football games.

Basketball…I am not even sure what needs to be done.  I know our facilities aren't CUSA level for starters which makes recruiting in a football state an even more uphill battle.  Poole and Thurman are going to have to make big strides for this team to be formidable next year.
Posted On: Mar 19th 2015, 12:34 AM #343698

Based on budget and facilities, we are a A-Sun conference basketball program living in CUSA. Our basketball budget falls at the bottom of CUSA, in the middle of the Sun Belt, and near the top of the A-Sun.  Our gym would probably rank similarly.  

That's the reality of it, but I am in no way suggesting we should invest more. There is no evidence that the support would change for the program.  We have not proven that if we build it, they will come (football), or if we win, they will come (baseball).   

It is clear that everything rides on football and that's a lot of eggs in one basket!

Owls Up!
Back to the top

fauowl said

walty12 said

Posted On: Mar 19th 2015, 12:34 AM #343698

Based on budget and facilities, we are a A-Sun conference basketball program living in CUSA. Our basketball budget falls at the bottom of CUSA, in the middle of the Sun Belt, and near the top of the A-Sun.  Our gym would probably rank similarly.  

That's the reality of it, but I am in no way suggesting we should invest more. There is no evidence that the support would change for the program.  We have not proven that if we build it, they will come (football), or if we win, they will come (baseball).   

It is clear that everything rides on football and that's a lot of eggs in one basket!

Owls Up!
Posted On: Mar 19th 2015, 7:56 AM #343702

I think you're right, and I think Pat Chun and Prez Kelly know that too. I think we'll become one of those schools that will eventually have the funding that we need to go out and get the FB coach and staff that WE want, and the rest of the athletic programs will feed off the revenue and support we would get by being a good FB school.

Back to the top
Control functions: