Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Soars in State Rankings

Add topic

FAU soars in state rankings after improving graduation rates - Sun Sentinel

Dr. Kelly getting things done fast.  Great news!
Back to the top

That is great news, can you post the full article as the friggin Sentinal won't let ya read the article without being logged in
Back to the top

Google Sun Sentinal + FAU ranking and click on the story. Always ways around there silly trick.
Back to the top

Oh, and baseball won 15-0 tonight. I know I know....
Back to the top

Kelly has had a very impressive first year. Looking forward to seeing what comes from this in the near future. I foresee him expanding the research park, erecting the hotel, improving internship opportunities and getting our average GPA over 4.0… the last point being seemingly unthinkable just 5 years ago.

The new City Councilman, Jeremy Rodgers, seeks to bring more high tech to Boca Raton and I think that aligns with Kelly's goals as well.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Kelly has had a very impressive first year. Looking forward to seeing what comes from this in the near future. I foresee him expanding the research park, erecting the hotel, improving internship opportunities and getting our average GPA over 4.0… the last point being seemingly unthinkable just 5 years ago.

The new City Councilman, Jeremy Rodgers, seeks to bring more high tech to Boca Raton and I think that aligns with Kelly's goals as well.

Posted On: Mar 18th 2015, 10:21 PM #343695

It sounds weird because its just sports, but if our football team has a good season it will help Kelly's goals tremendously.  Once our football team is consistently successful our University will change dramatically.  Obviously from his plan, Kelly knows this.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Mar 18th 2015, 10:21 PM #343695
It sounds weird because its just sports, but if our football team has a good season it will help Kelly's goals tremendously.  Once our football team is consistently successful our University will change dramatically.  Obviously from his plan, Kelly knows this.

Posted On: Mar 19th 2015, 12:37 AM #343699

Yeah, it's working for FSU who are ranked below us.  Why do I think they won't lose any funding.
Back to the top

Par for the course.  Sun Sentinel gives us a front page "attaboy" and the PB Post doesn't even acknowledge our success.  Wonder if they would have been this quiet if we had dropped in the rankings?
I'm really sorry, but I truly and honestly believe that, at best, the Post is totally apathetic to FAU, and at worst, there is a strong bias against us.  The two biggest stories they had about the new sports facilities was that 1) we would not be able to raise enough money to complete the project, and that 2) our priorities were completely screwed up- that we should be spending that money to increase our SUS rankings.  

Well, guess what?  We actually can do two things at the same time.  But we need to be diligent  - one of the big three  state universities that was below us in the rankings will be trying to catch up with us next year.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Kelly has made it exciting to an FAU alum. It's been a while since I've been amped up about what we're doing. All the scandal from a few years was so embarrassing, so it's great to see that all in the past now.
Back to the top

bb said

Par for the course.  Sun Sentinel gives us a front page "attaboy" and the PB Post doesn't even acknowledge our success.  Wonder if they would have been this quiet if we had dropped in the rankings?
I'm really sorry, but I truly and honestly believe that, at best, the Post is totally apathetic to FAU, and at worst, there is a strong bias against us.  The two biggest stories they had about the new sports facilities was that 1) we would not be able to raise enough money to complete the project, and that 2) our priorities were completely screwed up- that we should be spending that money to increase our SUS rankings.

Well, guess what?  We actually can do two things at the same time.  But we need to be diligent  - one of the big three  state universities that was below us in the rankings will be trying to catch up with us next year.

Go Owls!!

Posted On: Mar 19th 2015, 9:28 AM #343705

Who are the big 3 in your mind?  There's Florida and FSU; USF and UCF and there is the rest of us.  U of M is a private school.
Back to the top
Control functions: