Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 FAU Spring Football

owl2Doc said

David Slavic said

fauowl said

Reversal of Fortunes?

While the Owls will hold their annual Spring game at their beautiful on-campus stadium, the Miami Hurricanes just held their annual Spring game at…Lockhart Stadium.
Posted On: Mar 29th 2015, 7:38 PM #344031
Whaaaaat????? All the more reason to come to FAU. That's crazy.
Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 9:15 AM #344035
I guess they don't want to pay the huge cost of renting out their usual stadium just for the Spring Game. Makes sense but using Lockhart for anything above the high school level has got to feel weird for fans.

Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 1:36 PM #344041

Or it could be due to the huge renovation Sun Life Stadium is in the process of going through ($400m).  All of the seats have been removed and the field is a huge construction site.
Back to the top

Guest said

owl2Doc said

David Slavic said

fauowl said

Reversal of Fortunes?

While the Owls will hold their annual Spring game at their beautiful on-campus stadium, the Miami Hurricanes just held their annual Spring game at…Lockhart Stadium.
I guess they don't want to pay the huge cost of renting out their usual stadium just for the Spring Game. Makes sense but using Lockhart for anything above the high school level has got to feel weird for fans.

Or it could be due to the huge renovation Sun Life Stadium is in the process of going through ($400m).  All of the seats have been removed and the field is a huge construction site.
Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 1:38 PM #344042

You are right about that but ya still think they could use a decent HS stadium down in Dade County. But just basically like to make fun of the U, with all of their famous alums and SSS and history to NOT have their own place to play by now is just rediculous to me! Gotta make fun of 'em (and I was a huge UM fab growing up!).
Back to the top

All I cared about growing up was the Canes. But then I went to FAU, so I root against UM as much as possible.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Guest said

owl2Doc said

David Slavic said

fauowl said

Reversal of Fortunes?

You are right about that but ya still think they could use a decent HS stadium down in Dade County. But just basically like to make fun of the U, with all of their famous alums and SSS and history to NOT have their own place to play by now is just rediculous to me! Gotta make fun of 'em (and I was a huge UM fab growing up!).

Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 3:14 PM #344044

The City of Coral Gables won't let them build a stadium on campus.  According to a friend of mine, there is a stadium in the master plan for UM's campus.  Unlike FAU, UM is a private university and can't tell the city to stick it about building it like we did to Boca.  For UM to have the spring game in Broward is a pretty good way to get their fans from Palm Beach and Broward county to come on out.
Back to the top

Guest said

GeorgiaOwl said

Guest said

owl2Doc said

David Slavic said

fauowl said

Reversal of Fortunes?

Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 3:14 PM #344044

The City of Coral Gables won't let them build a stadium on campus.  According to a friend of mine, there is a stadium in the master plan for UM's campus.  Unlike FAU, UM is a private university and can't tell the city to stick it about building it like we did to Boca.  For UM to have the spring game in Broward is a pretty good way to get their fans from Palm Beach and Broward county to come on out.

Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 4:37 PM #344046

Did playing in Broward work for them?

I didn't see how many came out.
Back to the top

Back to the top

fauowl said

I didn't see how many came out.
Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 4:47 PM #344047

41 minutes prior to start…

Back to the top

David Slavic said

All I cared about growing up was the Canes. But then I went to FAU, so I root against UM as much as possible.
Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 4:03 PM #344045

refreshing to hear….

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

David Slavic said

Posted On: Mar 30th 2015, 4:03 PM #344045
refreshing to hear….

Posted On: Apr 9th 2015, 6:14 PM #344359

+1
Back to the top

Here's FAU Football's 2015 Post Spring 2-Deep.

Token Disclaimer: Fall Camp will likely bring some changes.

Back to the top
Control functions: