Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

D'Andre JOHNSON AND Maceo Baston transferring out

Add topic

Haven't seen this posted here yet, and not sure on then reasons why but both players appear to be transferring out.
Back to the top

Maceo didn't seem to ever have it, kid played a few minutes at the beginning of the season and that was the last of him.

As for Johnson, it's a writing on the wall scenario, Adonis Flier is supposed to be great, been practicing all year so if the second PG spot is up for grabs and Johnson sees that he can't keep up…there ya go.
Back to the top

Expected…FAUOwl tipped it prior, although not in detail:

fauowl said

Don't be shocked if some people leave the basketball program before next season.
Posted On: Mar 9th 2015, 4:50 PM #343411

On a side note:

What the heck is going on! Curry can't relate to these kids, and must be fired! It's a joke, he knows nothing about coaching at all. No one want's to play for him, and our best players are leaving!
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

Don't be shocked if some people leave the basketball program before next season.

On a side note:

What the heck is going on! Curry can't relate to these kids, and must be fired! It's a joke, he knows nothing about coaching at all. No one want's to play for him, and our best players are leaving!
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2015, 8:05 AM #344118

What are you talking about these aren't are best…. Oh I see what you did there Rick  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

…and that wasn't based on any knowledge I had of the situation. This happens all the time in college basketball, and I don't think a lot of people realize it…and most of the time it is better for both parties involved.
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

On a side note:

By putting this in red you are
Mocking the people who said these things about Jarvis thus inferring that those things we said about Jarvis wasn't valid.
Well if you still want to defend a coach who had one winning season in 6 years that just proves you will literally defend anyone. 
I mean what does a coach have to be bad in your eyes burn down the school?
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Rick said

fauowl said

on a side note:

Mocking the people who said these things about Jarvis thus inferring that those things we said about Jarvis wasn't valid.
Well if you still want to defend a coach who had one winning season in 6 years that just proves you will literally defend anyone.

Posted On: Apr 5th 2015, 10:42 PM #344279

Relax and go deliver a burrito.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Rick said

fauowl said

On a side note:

I think it is more about you having a shorter version of FAU history. While you may think Jarvis put our program in the ditch, the reality is that our program has never been out of the ditch.  Let's take a peak at how many games we have won since 2002 (the year we went dancing).

This spans 5 different coaches:

2003-2004      9 wins
2004-2005  10 wins
2005-2006     15 wins
2006-2007     16 wins
2007-2008     15 wins
2008-2009   6 wins
2009-2010      14 wins
2010-2011      21 wins
2011-2012      11 wins
2012-2013      14 wins
2013-2014      10 wins
2014-2015    9 wins

Not much that is very impressive to see here. We have shown that we can attract coaches with a "name." But we are missing 2 major elements of program building. Budget & facilities.

So far, insert any coach and get a similar result.  Until those 2 elements are addressed, this is our program.  Can someone get us to the dance once every 10-15 years…absolutely. But that does not make a basketball program.

You can see the trend. A new coach comes in and there is renewed excitement and improvement, then the excitement wears off and the coach moves on or gets frustrated. Green did not care his last 2 years whether he was here or not. Sometimes he would sit on the bench and never say a word. Dougherty wanted to be here for about 8 minutes. Walters was interviewing with the likes of Morehead State after one season but stuck around for 3. Jarvis was resurrecting a career and then faded as the support faded.  Five different coaches. Very similar results.  

Now we have new people in athletics and on the coaching staff and hopefully we can bring all of the elements together to build a program.  If not, we will be having these same conversations in a few years. I love this new coaching staff. I would very much like to give them a chance at success.

Owls Up!

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Mocking the people who said these things about Jarvis…

Actually, I was just joking around…
Back to the top

Thought so Rick, boy, people sure are touchy these days. Seems AMERICA can't take a joke anymore. WAY TOO MUCH Politcal correctness today!
Back to the top
Control functions: