Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

D1 Baseball projects FAU to host Regional

Add topic

D1 Baseball came out with their mid season field projection currently has a our Owls hosting a Boca Raton Regional. Here is the link if anybody wants to take a look http://www.d1baseball.com/projections/midseason-field-of-64-projection/
Back to the top

I was reading that earlier... Would we host in at our stadium, or go to jupiter?
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

D1 Baseball came out with their mid season field projection currently has a our Owls hosting a Boca Raton Regional. Here is the link if anybody wants to take a look http://www.d1baseball.com/projections/midseason-field-of-64-projection/

Posted On: Apr 8th 2015, 1:27 PM #344327

Maybe in Jupiter if it doesn't interfere with the minor league baseball team but not in Boca.
Back to the top

Cant imagine we'd have it in our stadium. It really needs to get redone.

#wishihitthelottery

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Guest said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Apr 8th 2015, 1:27 PM #344327

Maybe in Jupiter if it doesn't interfere with the minor league baseball team but not in Boca.
Posted On: Apr 8th 2015, 1:43 PM #344331

It would be almost impossible for it not to interfere with Jupiter. Two teams play there one team pretty much always is home and one is on the road. Who knows they could maybe find a way to make the stadium work for regional. If we lost out on a regional because of the lack of stadium quality would be a damn shame. I guess one option could be the old spring training stadium next to Lockhart if it hasn't been knocked down or to beat up to lack of use.
Back to the top

We have bid in the past and lost…

Reason being, it's not a favorable scenario for a number of reasons logistically:

Seating
Press Box
Restrooms

Obviously, we are also going to likely be going against UM if we are still in a bidding position win wise when the actual time comes.

However, there is reason to think that the current leadership might fight for it.

Back to the top

Perhaps this will help push the issue of a new/updated facility. Hosting a regional means visitors which means $ for local business/hotels.

How much do you think we need to update the stands and pressbox? Can we start a kickstarter or something? Let's crowdfund our new baseball stadium,lol
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Perhaps this will help push the issue of a new/updated facility. Hosting a regional means visitors which means $ for local business/hotels.

How much do you think we need to update the stands and pressbox? Can we start a kickstarter or something? Let's crowdfund our new baseball stadium,lol
Posted On: Apr 9th 2015, 9:05 AM #344341

We need a new press box…that's fairly significant.

$250K would be a fair starting point for expansion (wrap around)…
Back to the top

Rick said

FAUfasho said

Posted On: Apr 9th 2015, 9:05 AM #344341

We need a new press box…that's fairly significant.

$250K would be a fair starting point for expansion (wrap around)…
Posted On: Apr 9th 2015, 9:31 AM #344343

does anyone have a spare 250k sitting in their back pocket? lol   :Laughing: seriously though nothing will probably be done till the the new athletic center gets built.  like you said rick, bathrooms, and concessions. the small trailer with the grill is not going to cut it.  We may have to move the swimming center to a different location and expand outward from there or just get the cardnials and marlins to let us use roger dean stadium for the regional.
Back to the top

We have one of the best fields of play I've seen anywhere. And, while stadium upgrades would be nice, I'd rather first see things that benefit the players. First on the list is the indoor/sheltered practice area, which includes batting cages, that Coach Mac desires. If I recall correctly, from the Linedrive Luncheon, the cost is $600,000. Then, the first part of the stadium itself I would upgrade would be the dugouts, providing a clubhouse for the players. The expansion of the dugouts could be designed so that stadium seating could eventually be built behind them, and eventually/concurrently provide for some fan facities such as restrooms and maybe a permanent ticket window and concessions area.

The pressbox is the last thing I would address for a major overhaul. A major overhaul could be considered "new construction" and that would mean an elevator. A commercial elevator would be quite expensive. That would likely require a concrete building to contain the elevator and the booth. My uneducated guess is that the booth upgrade could cost as at least as much as the indoor/sheltered practice facility, and perhaps even with the dugout upgrades combined.

While I'd love to see FAU host a regional, in my opinion, if it means upgrading the fan and media facilities before the player facilities, I think we have our priorities messed up. I'd rather have the players better prepared to win the regional than the stadium to host it.
Back to the top
Control functions: