Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New FAU Gear @ It's Owl Time

Add topic

Who cares, it's a matter of principle. File a motion to dismiss the case IF they sue you!

You are going to just cave with no action from them?

Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

They have no legal leg to stand on!
Posted On: Apr 8th 2015, 11:16 AM #344305

But that doesn't matter.  I can't spend thousands of dollars to "win" the right to sell $200 worth of shirts  :truce
Posted On: Apr 8th 2015, 11:21 AM #344307

Good choice Mark. Although it technically isn't their logo, it's close enough for the reasonable person to figure out that your shirt pertains to UM so it may be considered trademark infringement by the courts. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

fauowl said

Rick said

But that doesn't matter.  I can't spend thousands of dollars to "win" the right to sell $200 worth of shirts  :truce

Good choice Mark. Although it technically isn't their logo, it's close enough for the reasonable person to figure out that your shirt pertains to UM so it may be considered trademark infringement by the courts. 
Posted On: Apr 8th 2015, 11:36 AM #344311

I agree.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

fauowl said

Rick said

Posted On: Apr 8th 2015, 11:36 AM #344311

Isn't it protected as a parody? 
Back to the top

FYI, we only have handful of red chrome mini helmets remaining. If you were thinking of getting one but have not yet…now is the time.  

It's Owl Time!
156 NW 20th Street
Boca Raton
(561) 367-3945
Back to the top

Former FAU Basketball star, Greg Gantt, just stopped by to say hello.  Great to see him.  I asked him about playing in Spain. He said when he arrived, he was a little nervous about playing there because the entire playbook was in Spanish and he had to adapt.  The coaching is all in Spanish.  He laughed and said all the yelling (at him) from the coaches was in Spanish so he knows a lot of the bad words.

Greg Gantt @ The Store
Back to the top

Got to meet FAU Student, Chad Coarsey today. He has been in the news lately. What an incredibly intelligent young man.  Just when you get bummed out about losing baseball, basketball, and football games, things like this come around and puts it all in perspective.

This is the kind of stuff that can change the world.

Chad Coarsey @ The Store

There was a piece on NBC 6, below.
Good stuff!

Back to the top

That's pretty cool stuff right there.
Back to the top

For those who may not be on our distribution list, or follow us on social media, we are giving away 2 club seats (access to the Hyundai Deck) for the Miami/FAU Football game on September 11. We will draw a winner on August 18.  To enter to win simply stop by our store, It's Owl Time at 156 NW 20th Street, Boca Raton and sign up, or go to our home page at www.ItsOwlTime.com and click the pink button at the top right.

Good luck!
Back to the top

As a heads up to OwlNation...here are the Miami game T-shirts designed and approved by FAU.

only one other vendor will have these (online only) and they will sell them for $24.95 each. I will create them on demand (in advance) and will sell the white one for $15, and the blue one for $21.

If you are visiting the store in the near future and think you might want one, call me first (561-367-3945) so I can create one for you in advance.  If you don't like it once you get to the store, no obligation to purchase it. 

I just don't want to make a ton of them until I see if the demand is there.  That's where we have an advantage over the competition. They buy a bunch of them and we can create a few at a time to see if anyone likes them.

FAU Miami Game Shirt 2015
Back to the top
Control functions: