Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Guard Don Coleman commits to FAU Basketball

Add topic

Georgia guard Don Coleman announced on Sunday that he has committed to FAU.

Coleman, a Class of 2015 prospect, was in Boca Raton over the weekend for a visit.

The 6-foot-2 wing has been touted by some prep basketball websites as one of Georgia's top rising-seniors.

FAU coach Michael Curry said back in April when he was hired, that he wanted to tap into the Georgia prep basketball scene. So far – he has done just that.

Coleman, who attends Butler High in Augusta, is from the same hometown as Curry. He becomes the second player with Georgia roots to commit to play for the Owls, joining forward CJ Turman who inked with FAU in May.

Coleman also held offers from Tennessee Tech, Gardner Webb and Appalachian State. He plays for Southern Kings, which is one of the state's top AAU programs.

Here's a photo of Coleman with Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry.
Back to the top

I'm happy to be a season ticket holder of Basketball again. Curry should make FAU fun to watch again. Excited for FAU Basketball 's future.
Back to the top

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Saw his tweet saying he and his family think this is something he should do… maybe wants to stay closer to family in Georgia.

Or is saying that so he gets a release to see if he can get an offer from a bigger school. 

Following college recruiting has made me so cynical. Hard to know what to believe anymore.
Back to the top

This is strictly speculation, but me thinks he came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to play much for the next two years and chose to wrap it up with verbiage that would leverage the disclosure his way.

Back to the top

Off to Cal…

Back to the top

Hm... Good for him. Wish him the best.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: