Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Partridge's Staff

I hope you guys are right about recruiting because high school coaches have no college coaching experience. No matter how well they recruit they need to be better coaches than recruiters if we are going to win 7 plus games next year.

It is not easy to let go of Watson because he was able to overcome two major injuries and still inspire the DB's to be outstanding this past season. We need to have inspirational coaches who know what they are doing not just great recruiters who know Dade and Broward athletes.

Coach Partridge has my full support and as head coach he is free to assemble his team of coaches.

Go Owls
Back to the top

Guest said

I hope you guys are right about recruiting because high school coaches have no college coaching experience. No matter how well they recruit they need to be better coaches than recruiters if we are going to win 7 plus games next year.

It is not easy to let go of Watson because he was able to overcome two major injuries and still inspire the DB's to be outstanding this past season. We need to have inspirational coaches who know what they are doing not just great recruiters who know Dade and Broward athletes.

Coach Partridge has my full support and as head coach he is free to assemble his team of coaches.

Go Owls
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 8:33 PM #326194

Interesting facts:   Watson is gone;  No matter what you do, professional world, vocational job, coaching…everyone has a first job!  Did you know Nick Saban was a first time position coach as one time in his career?   It's just crazy how that works, and guess what if these new coaches don't work out, unlike the head coach they are on 1 year contracts.  So…harsh world of coaching.
Back to the top

OwlFamily said

Sounds like Sims might be gone. Both Dukes and Stoshak tweeted out that they will miss him.
Posted On: Dec 18th 2013, 11:51 AM #324744

Back to the top

Good for him and at the CC level he won't be recruiting FL kid's for the BigBoys. Best of luck Coach Sims!
Back to the top

Well, after a 3 win season up to this point, changes had to be made.Just hope Charlie can find a better fit. 
Back to the top

Actually he was gone after last season and was our primary JUCO recruiter.

Wish he was kept on staff myself!

With our apparent going back to HS recruits only, we are bound to take STEPS backwards as that is not how it is done in today's college football recruiting wars. NO decent team can field a competitive team with just HS recruits, let alone only a few 3* and lower levels. I know we are looking at more 3* than ever before but are they really eady to contribute in terms of size and maturity right away. this years team proved that losing too many seniors and NOT filling those gaps with players ready to perform left not onlt too many weak spots in the starters but also too little depthm thus 3-7 and out of bowl eligibility.

The UAB game showed the EXACT problem with a D "gassed" even though ALL THE MOMENTUM IN THE WORLD was with us. NO WAY we should have been gassed! NO WAY!!!!!
we don't blow the Wyoming game and let the UAB win slip be "gassed" away we are still 5-5 with bowl eligibility in our control. But no JUCOS to fill those starting roles and create depth issues….
Back to the top

Ben Strickland has been added to the Florida Atlantic University football staff as an assistant coach, Head Football Coach Charlie Partridge announced today. Strickland fulfills a spot vacated by Nick Caley, who recently joined the NFL’s New England Patriots’ staff.

“I’m excited to reunite with Ben,” said Partridge. “He has proven to be an outstanding family man, football coach, and recruiter at the highest level.”

Strickland, a former Wisconsin defensive back under Partridge when he was associate head coach and defensive coordinator there, joins the Owls’ staff after three seasons as an assistant coach with the Badgers where his focus was with the cornerbacks and special teams.

- SID Katrina McCormack
Back to the top

Has Wisconsin had a good secondary under his coaching?
Back to the top

Scott Jackson said

Posted On: May 22nd 2015, 1:38 AM #345461

We were 84th in passing defense; Wisconsin was 4th.
Back to the top

Guest said

Scott Jackson said

Posted On: May 22nd 2015, 1:38 AM #345461

We were 84th in passing defense; Wisconsin was 4th.

Posted On: May 22nd 2015, 8:07 AM #345465
This coaching hire for FAU is a steal!!!!
Do not expect him to be here for ever but great hire!

Back to the top
Control functions: