Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Championship sites

Add topic

Here is the 2015-2016 championship sites for CUSA. Florida Atlantic University is not on the list.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/061215aac.html
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Here is the 2015-2016 championship sites for CUSA. Florida Atlantic University is not on the list.

Posted On: Jun 12th 2015, 1:47 PM #346093

Not surprising we are not on the list.  But let's have the best Conference football record and get the championship game in our stadium.  Not expecting it this year, but that would be a great economic boost to the program and area.
Back to the top

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

Not surprising we are not on the list.  But let's have the best Conference football record and get the championship game in our stadium.  Not expecting it this year, but that would be a great economic boost to the program and area.
Posted On: Jun 12th 2015, 2:43 PM #346094

And the store! ;)
Back to the top

LawOwl said

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

And the store! ;)

Posted On: Jun 13th 2015, 7:50 AM #346101

amen  :Big-Grin: Football can be huge for the local economy. I see it in my numbers.  Late games mean more because people have all day to spend money.  We don't do well on Saturday games at noon because more people just go straight to the tailgate.
Back to the top

I've been at games at some of the country's largest stadiums, and the money that it generated is mind boggling. Mark, some day you will need to expand. We just need to put together a few years of winning and the fan base will double. I'm sure the school would love to have games where there are more occupied seats than empty ones. It will happen.
Back to the top

fauowl said

LawOwl said

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

And the store! ;)

Posted On: Jun 13th 2015, 7:50 AM #346101

amen  :Big-Grin: Football can be huge for the local economy. I see it in my numbers.  Late games mean more because people have all day to spend money.  We don't do well on Saturday games at noon because more people just go straight to the tailgate.
Posted On: Jun 13th 2015, 8:28 AM #346104

Yea man we spoke about this the other week at your store when I came to pick up the red Charlie coach shirt lol. It's amazing how much potential there is for growth in Boca if the program starts winning consistently. 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I've been at games at some of the country's largest stadiums, and the money that it generated is mind boggling. Mark, some day you will need to expand. We just need to put together a few years of winning and the fan base will double. I'm sure the school would love to have games where there are more occupied seats than empty ones. It will happen.
Posted On: Jun 13th 2015, 7:38 PM #346106

Absolutely!  It will happen. For the first time, it feels like nearly all the pieces are in place for the program (all sports) to advance. The academic center certainly would put us on a new level. I spoke to Dr. Kelly this week and we talked about the excitement of the Canes game in Sept. Neither of us predicted a win, but both agreed that a win for us would change FAU forever in all aspects. Just the impact from one major event. This may not be the year for that major event, but it will happen and I hope all of us are all there when it does.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

Mark, some day you will need to expand.

Absolutely. That would be another clear sign of progress.

I wonder if it would make any sense to expand into a store/FAU Sports Museum type facility. Probably not the most efficient use of floorspace but hey, a guy can dream.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Local Owl said

Mark, some day you will need to expand.

Absolutely. That would be another clear sign of progress.

I wonder if it would make any sense to expand into a store/FAU Sports Museum type facility. Probably not the most efficient use of floorspace but hey, a guy can dream.
Posted On: Jun 15th 2015, 12:26 PM #346111

It would be pretty cool…have some stuff I would donate if it ever happened.
Back to the top
Control functions: