Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Wedding

Add topic

I've now been to two Gator weddings… in the first, the bride and groom collected all the UF alum for a group circle to sing "We are the Ol' Boys of Florida". In the second, the groom's cake was UF-themed and they played the "Go Gators, get up and go!" twice during the reception.

Made me wonder: have you guys ever been to/heard of something similar for an FAU wedding?
Back to the top

Had my two ideas shot down during our planning a few years back. 

Actually got as far as talking to the school about using the Acura club in the stadium for our reception…two things that aren't that appealing for a reception, 1 you HAVE to use Chartwells and 2. They have the ability to bump you should a "more important" customer come calling. They're not in the business of throwing weddings so I get it, if the Schmidts want to throw a BBQ at the stadium the day of your party, you get cut. Granted this was the year the stadium opened so we may have been figuring some things out along the way.

i then tried to have Owlsley officiate our wedding, shot down again!

Some buddies did me a solid and brought Howard's stump to the ceremony for effect, so we had a taste of FAU there that day. 
Back to the top

Well at least you got that!

Thinking I may want to do an FAU cake, tables named after FAU landmarks like the Breezeway, red and blue bags for goodiebags, etc

…fiancee permitting, of course
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Thinking I may want to do an FAU cake, tables named after FAU landmarks like the Breezeway, red and blue bags for goodiebags, etc

Posted On: Jun 16th 2015, 10:46 AM #346134

Fiancee??

Are congratulations in order?
Back to the top

Rick said

owl2Doc said

Fiancee??

Posted On: Jun 16th 2015, 10:48 AM #346135

Nah, not yet. Life is too hectic right now.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Rick said

owl2Doc said

Fiancee??

Posted On: Jun 16th 2015, 10:48 AM #346135

Nah, not yet. Life is too hectic right now.

Posted On: Jun 16th 2015, 12:42 PM #346138

Same thing I say but I'll be taking that plunge (proposing)in December around Christmas time. Hopefully at the Miami Beach Bowl with FAU playing in it!
Back to the top

Really? Awesome. Good luck on the proposal man!
Back to the top

We had a great time having the wedding reception at FAU Stadium!

Stadium Pics

The Groomsmen played a little pickup game in between pictures

We covered one side of the Acura Club to make it a little more formal and create a dance floor

The best picture I have now of how we decorated the area
Back to the top

Awesome!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

MR&MRS Owl said

We had a great time having the wedding reception at FAU Stadium!

Stadium Pics

The Groomsmen played a little pickup game in between pictures

We covered one side of the Acura Club to make it a little more formal and create a dance floor

The best picture I have now of how we decorated the area
Posted On: Jun 24th 2015, 1:00 PM #346223
Was there open bar???
Back to the top