Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Orlando Sentinel's 2015 Football Countdown

Just caught wind of this going on…FAU came in at 118 - with only one C-USA program lower.

They are through 60, and here are fellow league teams thus far:

123 UTSA
118 FAU
114 SMiss
111 Charlotte
109 North Texas
92  FIU
76  Old Dominion

Orlando Sentinel College Football Countdown: Ranking all 128 FBS teams

Back to the top

Wow, below UNC-Charlotte who have NOT even played ONE FBS opponent in their 2 year history! They gave up 32 points a game vs. ONLY 12 FCS opponents and some of them were just AWFUL!

Talk about an anti FAU bias. can't wait to go to Charlotte and see our Owls spoil their CUSA home opener!
Back to the top

It just gives the Owls motivation to prove them wrong. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I hope they are wrong. Who knows. They may be right. I ,like many of the people on this blog,have nothing to base a comparison on. No facts.No stats. Remember, as we feel we have stepped up our game, others feel the same way. I know a kid on MTSU and he can't stop talking about his team.  Time will tell.
Back to the top

Rick said

Just caught wind of this going on…FAU came in at 118 - with only one C-USA program lower.

123 UTSA
118 FAU
114 SMiss
111 Charlotte
109 North Texas
92  FIU
76  Old Dominion

Posted On: Jun 29th 2015, 10:10 AM #346262

I love being "ranked" low in preseason because it means nothing, just like being "ranked" high in preseason.

Much better to have low expectations (from a ranking perspective). Their opinion, my opinion, your opinion, our opinions, OC40's opinion, Howard's and Charlie's opinion…none of them impact the final result in any way. I want the team to have their confidence, but as far as "opinions" outside of that, nothing matters.  

If they said we were expected to finish 1st, we would get all giddy, and it wouldn't mean anything in reality.

Can't wait to kick that ball off and play some football!!
Back to the top

All very true guys. Our Owls used to be ranked low and played with a huge chip on their shoulders - need to be that way always! Prove em wrong guys!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

123 UTSA
118 FAU
114 SMiss
111 Charlotte
109 North Texas
92  FIU
76  Old Dominion

Posted On: Jun 29th 2015, 10:10 AM #346262

I love being "ranked" low in preseason because it means nothing, just like being "ranked" high in preseason.

Much better to have low expectations (from a ranking perspective). Their opinion, my opinion, your opinion, our opinions, OC40's opinion, Howard's and Charlie's opinion…none of them impact the final result in any way. I want the team to have their confidence, but as far as "opinions" outside of that, nothing matters.  

If they said we were expected to finish 1st, we would get all giddy, and it wouldn't mean anything in reality.

Can't wait to kick that ball off and play some football!!
Posted On: Jun 29th 2015, 8:53 PM #346270

i have to agree preseason rankings dont impress me. The play on the field and how the team performs will tell us how this team actually does. We could have the best defense in the country but if offense doesn't perform we dont win. We could have the best offense in the country and a average defense, we have a shot. But i wont make any judgement on this team till the season starts.
Back to the top

Found it interesting that two "start ups" at this level had better "confidence" going for them than we had in the eyes of the writer(s).

But agree in that it doesn't really mean anything…

On a side note:

Vegas has them both winning less games than we do.

Obviously that confidence does means something, because money is involved.

Here's what they had to say about all of the teams:

Back to the top

Wow, I dont agree with a lot of that.  I will take the under 10 wins for Marshall for $1k right now.  Under 6 wins for FIU all day long as well.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

dont count doc holiday out. Still has a lot of talent on the herd squad and a lot of kids from florida on there who can play.  
Back to the top
Control functions: