Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU on list of top 20 florida colleges.

Add topic

Somebody came up with this list and put us at 8, and FIU 6.  I want to know who came up with the list because of some of the schools on the list.

http://citydescribed.com/2015/06/top-20-universities-in-florida/20/
Back to the top

This is pretty telling of the editorial point of view (or lack thereof). I didn't even see a rhyme or reason for why certain universities got their particular ranking; it feels like someone pulled the list out of thin air based upon their own feelings.

Citydescribed has articles ranking universities in other states too. That means clicks from people who attended those universities and potential shares of social media to brag about their ranking even if this was written by Joe Schmoe Gator Fan for a couple of bucks and to boost their alma mater at the same time.

The list format (as well as the slideshow format, both of which are used here) has spread across the internet like wildfire because of its advertising potential and it's slowly killing the internet.
Back to the top

Yeah that seemed like the most randomly arranged list. Like somebody got drunk and just started picking school names. "Florida Institute of Technology before FGCU? Okaaaayy." And really, FIU is a dump compared to FAU. Not that I'm biased or anything…
Back to the top

This is all I needed to read:

Florida Atlantic University is part of the NCAA I athletic conference.

Next!
Back to the top

Rick said

This is all I needed to read:

Florida Atlantic University is part of the NCAA I athletic conference.

Next!

Posted On: Jul 2nd 2015, 9:49 AM #346313

I love playing in the College Conference.
Back to the top
Control functions: