Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schnellenberger to Open Sports Restaurant on 20th Street

AD Chun, can't be the only person that's ever refused to answer A question. Article said tix sales were 153% up from last year at this time. Do we have the numbers from last year around this time? or the year before? If yes, it's simple math, we can figure it out. If not, then there's no precedent set and I dnt believe Chun HAS to provide the numbers. If reporter chooses to throw a temper tantrum bashing AD, that's his prerogative.

At the end of the day, the main focus here is that SALES WENT UP 153%. Which means more ppl are interested in our program. That's a good way to look at it. Most of us have been to the games. Just picture the average attendance that you've seen, multiply that by 2.5, and that's about 150% increase right there. I do beleive that if the Miami game ends in a victory or a very close defeat (less than 10 pts), more ppl will attend more games and tix will go even higher.

But anyways, back to the topic of this thread… I'm definitely looking forward to the restaurant. Go to FAU game, then go to the restaurant, order a schnellenBURGER w/ caramelized onions and bacon, w fries on the side, and whatever beer they have on tap, and watch whatever marquis power 5 conference match up is on.

GO OWLS!!!  :Wave:
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

But anyways, back to the topic of this thread… I'm definitely looking forward to the restaurant. Go to FAU game, then go to the restaurant, order a schnellenBURGER w/ caramelized onions and bacon, w fries on the side, and whatever beer they have on tap, and watch whatever marquis power 5 conference match up is on.

GO OWLS!!!  :Wave:
Posted On: Jul 4th 2015, 8:03 PM #346354

+1

:Yawn:

Back to the top

I forget where but I read that ticket sales for the UM game were already over 20K. My question is how is that possible if single game tickets don't go on sale till 30 days before the game. That game is still 2 months away and more like 10 weeks when I read that?

So either the game tickets were released for same early or our season tickets have skyrocketed by more that 150% OR UM is having access to these tickets before FAU fans are.

Which would be wrong AND a bad thing to have more Um fans at OUR stadium, maybe even blocking OUR fans out if they sell out before OUR fans can purchase them.
Back to the top

Corporate packages.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I forget where but I read that ticket sales for the UM game were already over 20K. My question is how is that possible if single game tickets don't go on sale till 30 days before the game. That game is still 2 months away and more like 10 weeks when I read that?

So either the game tickets were released for same early or our season tickets have skyrocketed by more that 150% OR UM is having access to these tickets before FAU fans are.

Which would be wrong AND a bad thing to have more Um fans at OUR stadium, maybe even blocking OUR fans out if they sell out before OUR fans can purchase them.
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 12:53 PM #346358

For the Miami game single game tickets will be going on sale starting July 13th to the general public.  

What we did was for the our current Season Ticket Holders ONLY is we have been having a pre sale for them to purchase extra tickets to the Miami game even before those are available on July 13th.  So with the increase of Season Ticket Holders this season and the pre sale for the Miami game, that is why there are over 20K tickets sold/out. Tickets in corporate pacakages is a very small portion, not as many as most think.

Our fans have gotten the opportunity to purcahase extra tickets to this game before the general public and get the best available seating. So we have been taking good care of our people first.
Back to the top

Its more than season tickets in total though, correct?
Back to the top

John Z, I don't know who was responsible for that decision, but that was one of the best /smartest things FAU has done for ticket sales in a while. I think Georgia Owl  wants the stadium to be filled with Owl fans. Same with me. I would love to have Miami fans only have access to the normal amount of visitor tickets .
Back to the top

John_Z said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 12:53 PM #346358

For the Miami game single game tickets will be going on sale starting July 13th to the general public.  

What we did was for the our current Season Ticket Holders ONLY is we have been having a pre sale for them to purchase extra tickets to the Miami game even before those are available on July 13th.  So with the increase of Season Ticket Holders this season and the pre sale for the Miami game, that is why there are over 20K tickets sold/out. Tickets in corporate pacakages is a very small portion, not as many as most think.

Our fans have gotten the opportunity to purcahase extra tickets to this game before the general public and get the best available seating. So we have been taking good care of our people first.
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 1:58 PM #346360

That sounds great John, and thanks for the info!

After I wrote that earlier I looked online and saw the dates for the single game sales for season ticket holders and the general public for each game. I al;so saw tickets available online through the ticker broker sites at some good  and also some rediculous prices, I think up to $237 or so on the only two sections shown available on the home side. Hope it is a sell-out AND an UPSET!

Back to the top

Local Owl said

John Z, I don't know who was responsible for that decision, but that was one of the best /smartest things FAU has done for ticket sales in a while. I think Georgia Owl  wants the stadium to be filled with Owl fans. Same with me. I would love to have Miami fans only have access to the normal amount of visitor tickets .
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 3:34 PM #346362

Correct 100% LocalOwl, definately don't want it to be basically a UM home game, although I do know that will possibly be the case. But I am hoping for at least a 60/40 Owls split! And an Owls WIN!! Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 3:34 PM #346362

Thank you. We as a staff, ticket sales and athletic department, want to make sure that our loyal fans get the most reward for their continued support.

I am with everyone in saying that I want to look around that full stadium on Sept. 11th and see all the blue and red shirts supporting FAU. One thing to remember though is FAU is such a young program that most of our fans also support other Florida schools.  As much as you would love to shut out Miami fans other than their tickets, a lot of the Miami fans live in the Boca area, and could possibly come back for more games this season and for the future years.  I look at this game as an opportunity for us to continue to grow our already growing fan base, with Miami fans who live close, are tired of driving down to Miami on Saturdays, and just want to see good D1 football.

Rick said

Its more than season tickets in total though, correct?
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 3:31 PM #346361

Yes.
Back to the top
Control functions: