Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schnellenberger to Open Sports Restaurant on 20th Street

I increased my own ticket purchasing by 700% for the UM game, that's an additional 14 tickets in case Chuck wants the numbers 
Back to the top

Team Beer..if we remove you from the factor, FAU may have only had a 23% increase. May be a true statement, may not. You never know without facts. And Jonh Z…if I were in charge of sales I would be using this game in the same way. We need to get ALL local football fans interested in FAU football. UM,UF,FSU,UCF,every fan. Until we have enough FAU fans to be happy with sales, lets try and use other fans. I'm introducing four UM fans to the stadium that night. I hope they get the FAU bug and return.
Back to the top

John_Z said

Rick said

Its more than season tickets in total though, correct?
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 3:31 PM #346361

Yes.
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 5:28 PM #346365

Thanks, that was my point.
Back to the top

John_Z said

Local Owl said

John Z, I don't know who was responsible for that decision, but that was one of the best /smartest things FAU has done for ticket sales in a while. I think Georgia Owl  wants the stadium to be filled with Owl fans. Same with me. I would love to have Miami fans only have access to the normal amount of visitor tickets .
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 3:34 PM #346362

Thank you. We as a staff, ticket sales and athletic department, want to make sure that our loyal fans get the most reward for their continued support.

I am with everyone in saying that I want to look around that full stadium on Sept. 11th and see all the blue and red shirts supporting FAU. One thing to remember though is FAU is such a young program that most of our fans also support other Florida schools.  As much as you would love to shut out Miami fans other than their tickets, a lot of the Miami fans live in the Boca area, and could possibly come back for more games this season and for the future years.  I look at this game as an opportunity for us to continue to grow our already growing fan base, with Miami fans who live close, are tired of driving down to Miami on Saturdays, and just want to see good D1 football.

Rick said

Its more than season tickets in total though, correct?
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 3:31 PM #346361

Yes.
Posted On: Jul 5th 2015, 5:28 PM #346365

I married into a mix family. Hurricane and dolphin fans so it will be intersteing that night. I do have one concern though. with that many fans predicted for the home opener the getting of people into the stadium. I remember when the stadium opened back in 2011 and there was issues of getting people into the stadium. Is there talks underway with the security staff and athletics to make the transition of getting people into the stadium for the game relatively smooth?
Back to the top

Another concern for me is going to be parking. I have a pass for the silver lot and people tail gate . They also take up multiple spaces in doing so. Under normal circumstances this is not a problem and I simply drive to the rear and park. But,parking may be at a premium vs. UM. I do plan on arriving earlier but it may be a problem for others.
Back to the top

My boss is big Dolphins fan, and his nephew plays for Auburn. But I gave him a couple of my tickets when I was traveling, and he liked FAU so much he bought his own season tickets, and keeps trying to get other people to buy season tickets too. Getting the other fan bases to our games is the best way to win over fans who grew up watching FSU, UM, and UF. Especially great since UM is in the dumps right now.

Also, I'm in the mood for a big juicy Schnellenburger now.
Back to the top

Did anyone read the ticket story on Owl Access. I was absolutely shocked at the number of season tickets sold. I thought it would have been around 8-10 thousand. i never realized how special I was till I read the story.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Did anyone read the ticket story on Owl Access. I was absolutely shocked at the number of season tickets sold. I thought it would have been around 8-10 thousand. i never realized how special I was till I read the story.
Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 5:46 AM #346382

I am guessing it is around 10k season tickets sold.
Last year we had about 4300 season tickets a 153 percent increase would
Be about 10k.
Now I am also betting the 20k sold included student tickets. 
That's 7500 tickets so boom that's 17500.
Figure 3k in extra and group tickets and there is your 20k.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 5:46 AM #346382
I am guessing it is around 10k season tickets sold.
Last year we had about 4300 season tickets a 153 percent increase would
Be about 10k.
Now I am also betting the 20k sold included student tickets.
That's 7500 tickets so boom that's 17500.
Figure 3k in extra and group tickets and there is your 20k.

Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 8:40 AM #346384

Why guess when 2014 season tickets were 1,055 accounts with 3,175 tickets associated with those accounts.  The increase in season ticket accounts is probably primary from brokers.  The tickets sold are from the season ticket holders gobbling them up and UM receiving approximately 4k tickets.  Why would anyone think that a BIG game would increase season ticket sales?  It only increases that game.  When UF played Miami down here did their season ticket sales go up?  Probably not, it just sold out that game.  We need to win to have people consider buying season tickets.  You don't need to get season tickets in order to secure prime seats right now.
Back to the top

Very much looking forward to Schnellenberger's Sports restaurant opening on 20th Street!! Will be a great addition to the corridor and game day experience.
Back to the top
Control functions: