Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schnellenberger to Open Sports Restaurant on 20th Street

fauowl said

Very much looking forward to Schnellenberger's Sports restaurant opening on 20th Street!! Will be a great addition to the corridor and game day experience.
Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 10:48 AM #346387

+1

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowl said

Very much looking forward to Schnellenberger's Sports restaurant opening on 20th Street!! Will be a great addition to the corridor and game day experience.

+1
Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 11:26 AM #346388

Me too. One question how will people know about this place? I mean Its Owl Time spread through word of mouth and mentioning as sponsors during games and i think i saw a couple small ads in the University news paper. So I wonder how that will work is all?
Back to the top

fauowl said

Where is that in relation to your store Mark? Pop in his place for lunch and a cold one before hitting your store before hitting the game! Sounds real nice to me!
Back to the top

Hopefully this becomes a gameday staple. Right now there isn't a particular place that people go to after games; people just kind of disperse wherever.

I too wish we had our version of The Swamp restaurant here in Boca.

USMCOWL said

Me too. one question how will people know about this place?
I'm sure he'll find a way to advertise on campus. I'll help out with the blog and Twitter, the latter of which is a great marketing tool if you know how to target your audience correctly.

I'll keep an eye on the site now that I know where it'll be. Right now there's a 10k sq ft plot with a sign saying for lease. Nothing to see there.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

fauowl said

Where is that in relation to your store Mark? Pop in his place for lunch and a cold one before hitting your store before hitting the game! Sounds real nice to me!
Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 2:29 PM #346391

Just across the street and slightly East. It will be great. Coach came in 2 minutes after he signed the lease (he told me not to make it public, so I didn't) and said: I am going to have my place across the street from you, and I am going to tell everyone who comes into to my place to come over and buy something from your store.

He has been awesome to me. I really hope the Coaches shows are there. I can get there in 30 seconds!
Back to the top

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

Did anyone read the ticket story on Owl Access. I was absolutely shocked at the number of season tickets sold. I thought it would have been around 8-10 thousand. i never realized how special I was till I read the story.
Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 5:46 AM #346382
I am guessing it is around 10k season tickets sold.
Last year we had about 4300 season tickets a 153 percent increase would
Be about 10k.
Now I am also betting the 20k sold included student tickets.
That's 7500 tickets so boom that's 17500.
Figure 3k in extra and group tickets and there is your 20k.

Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 8:40 AM #346384

Why guess when 2014 season tickets were 1,055 accounts with 3,175 tickets associated with those accounts.  The increase in season ticket accounts is probably primary from brokers.  The tickets sold are from the season ticket holders gobbling them up and UM receiving approximately 4k tickets.  Why would anyone think that a BIG game would increase season ticket sales?  It only increases that game.  When UF played Miami down here did their season ticket sales go up?  Probably not, it just sold out that game.  We need to win to have people consider buying season tickets.  You don't need to get season tickets in order to secure prime seats right now.

Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 9:17 AM #346385

Actually, as best I recall, Wyoming came up with an interesting approach to boost season ticket sales when Texas played in Laramie in a home-and-home series. Wyoming limited the number of single-game tickets sent to Texas. Consequently, the only way a lot of Texas fans (and the team travels well) could get tickets for Wyoming was to buy Wyoming season tickets, which were relatively inexpensive (by Texas ticket standards). By doing this, Wyoming got a significant boost in its season ticket totals – for that season, anyway.
Back to the top

grayowl said

Actually, as best I recall, Wyoming came up with an interesting approach to boost season ticket sales when Texas played in Laramie in a home-and-home series. Wyoming limited the number of single-game tickets sent to Texas. Consequently, the only way a lot of Texas fans (and the team travels well) could get tickets for Wyoming was to buy Wyoming season tickets, which were relatively inexpensive (by Texas ticket standards). By doing this, Wyoming got a significant boost in its season ticket totals – for that season, anyway.
Posted On: Jul 7th 2015, 3:52 PM #346394

Many schools have used that plan for the money grab.  

I oppose it because what happens is you sell all of your season tickets, but all of those ticket holders do not go to any of the other games and you have a sold out completely empty stadium the rest of the year.  

I think we need to build the fan base instead of just selling out for a few bucks…  

Back to the top

Winning games is a long term strategy and even then, not sure how many tickets we can sell to a game against Old Dominion.  I have gone to UF games where even their large fan base didn't show up due to who they were playing.  We should start by focusing in on making the game day experience worth a Saturday afternoon.  I am not a baseball fan in the least bit and don't even live in Miami, but I'll go to a Marlins game because of the experience.  I think this restaurant could go a long way in adding to the game day experience, having a few places on 20th to hang out before and after games would be fun!
Back to the top

I think it's time we create a ticket sales thread now.  
Back to the top

owlmart said

Winning games is a long term strategy and even then, not sure how many tickets we can sell to a game against Old Dominion.  I have gone to UF games where even their large fan base didn't show up due to who they were playing.  We should start by focusing in on making the game day experience worth a Saturday afternoon.  I am not a baseball fan in the least bit and don't even live in Miami, but I'll go to a Marlins game because of the experience.  I think this restaurant could go a long way in adding to the game day experience, having a few places on 20th to hang out before and after games would be fun!
Posted On: Jul 8th 2015, 9:36 AM #346401

FAUOWL, I'm with you. I do not advocate this strategy. I just take note of it. My thoughts (free of charge and worth what you pay for them) are that the best route to stronger ticket sales runs through (1) on-field success, (2) program and coaching stability, (3) consistent and effective marketing, (4) alumni and community support, (5) ever-growing numbers of alums and (6) even more on-field success.
Back to the top
Control functions: