Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

COUNTDOWN to 2015 Football Season

"Automatic Myers"

Really spoiled us for future fg kickers
Back to the top

37 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #37: Austin Jensen, and David Lozandier.

Jensen was a Safety from Bradenton (Manatee HS). First team all-state in HS. In 2007, played as a true freshman and made an impact on special teams. Had 3 tackles on special teams against Oklahoma State. Played on special teams in the first bowl game. In 2008, played in every game on both defense and special teams. His biggest play was when he recovered the onside kick against FIU in that 57-50 marathon game which got us to bowl eligibility. Recorded 7 tackles in the Motor City Bowl. In 2009, played in every game and was a major part of special teams. Had a blocked kick at Nebraska. on the way to the season-ending team banquet, he was injured in a car accident on I-95. He redshirted in 2010 to rehabilitate.

Lozandier was a Linebacker from Miami (North Miami Senior HS). All-Dade honors in HS. In 2011, played in 10 games primarily on special teams. His first collegiate tackle came against Mich State. In 2012, played in 6 games on special teams and as a DB. In 2013, played in 11 games. Had multiple tackles at Auburn. In 2014, was the starting LB in the season opener at Nebraska. Suffered a season-ending knee injury against FIU.

Here is Jensen (L), and Lozandier (R) in for a visit.

Austin Jensen and David Lozandier FAU
Back to the top

Mark, it almost feels like reading a medical report on a lot of these!

:Scared:
Back to the top

36 days until FAU Football kicks off!

A former Owl who wore #36: David Muniz.

Muniz was a Fullback from Longwood, FL (Lyman HS). First-team all-state in HS. In 2006, attended FAU but was not on the team. In 2007, played a big role on special teams and saw limited action at FB. Had 5 carries and 1 reception at Florida. Played special teams in the New orleans bowl and had a kick return of 16 yards.  In 2008, played in 11 games primarily on special teams and saw action in the Motor City Bowl. Redshirted in 2009.

Here is Muniz on the field.

David Muniz FAU
Back to the top

35 days until FAU Football kicks off!

A former Owl who wore #35: Aaron Sanchez.

Sanchez was a running back from Miami (Sunset HS). First team all-Dade honors in HS. In 2002, played in every game except one as a preferred walk on. Finished with 280 all purpose yards. In 2003, played in 13 games in the playoff year. Had a 35 yard reception against Colgate. In 2004, became the starting fullback. Played in every game and had 388 all purpose yards. Redshirted in 2005 due to injury.

Aaron Sanchez FAU
Back to the top

34 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #34: Christian Amaya, and Warley Leroy.

Amaya was a DB from Pembroke Pines (Cooper City HS). All-state honors in HS as a Running Back.  Played at Glenville State College, and then USF before transferring to FAU. In 2003, earned a starting DB position and had 6 tackles in the season opener. Tore his ACL in the 3rd game at UCF and ended his season. In 2004, played in the final 9 games of the season after recovering from the ACL. Teamed with Willie Hugley on a 28 yard interception return against Edward Waters.

Leroy was a kicker from Boca Raton (American Heritage HS). First team all-state honors in HS. tallied most FGs and PATs in American Heritage's history. Redshirted in 2004. In 2005, played in 2 games. Had his first collegiate FG try blocked vs. Troy. In 2006, became the team's primary FG kicker and made 9 of 14, including his long of 41 yards vs. Ark State.  In 2007, had 12 points against North Texas. A career long of 46 yards against Ark State. Had two 40 yard  FGs at Florida. Earned a game ball in that huge victory over Minnesota.  Connected on his only attempt in the New Orleans Bowl, a 22 yard FG.

Here is Leroy in action.

Warley Leroy FAU
Back to the top

34 more days. Yes ! FAUOWL..do we still have time to pick up all the needed FAU wear for the games ? One can never have enough Columbia shirts. "It's Owl Time"
Back to the top

Local Owl said

34 more days. Yes ! FAUOWL..do we still have time to pick up all the needed FAU wear for the games ? One can never have enough Columbia shirts. "It's Owl Time"
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2015, 8:57 AM #346851

Yes sir! The Columbia shirts are almost sold out and I won't be getting more until next year. The demand dropped off (probably because everyone who wanted one has already purchased one). So I am going to run out for a while and let the demand build up again.  

Should have some of the official adidas gear coming in very soon! As information, the adidas gear for this football season had to be ordered during last football season. That is how far in advance some of this stuff has to be ordered. It's crazy to try and anticipate what will be needed when you are a relatively new business.
Back to the top

I dont even like those shirts and I bought one!

If (when) I spend $500 more in the store, I want to sign the wall Mark.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

If (when) I spend $500 more in the store, I want to sign the wall Mark.
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2015, 10:27 AM #346854

I should start a new wall for people who have followed the program for at least 10 years, and then as the program grows and more fans reach the 10 year mark, they sign that wall. Next time you are near by, Walty stop in and let's get it started (no purchase necessary  :Winking: )

It doesn't have to be just football followers. There are fans out there who have followed basketball and or baseball, etc. for that long as well.
Back to the top
Control functions: