Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RENDERINGS: Schnellenberger's Steakhouse and Sports Theater

Dining room wall.
Back to the top

Bar.
Back to the top

Bar wide, and tables.
Back to the top

Outside patio.
Back to the top

Rick said

Outside patio.

Posted On: Jul 30th 2015, 1:03 PM #346799

Yea 18months I give it. 
That type of upscal seating outside lol.
"Earth to who is creating this bar you are off of 20th street!!!!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Rick said

Outside patio.

Posted On: Jul 30th 2015, 1:03 PM #346799

Yea 18months I give it. 
That type of upscal seating outside lol.
"Earth to who is creating this bar you are off of 20th street!!!!
Posted On: Jul 30th 2015, 2:06 PM #346802

Haha.  It would fit in nicely on Mizner.  This really just needs to be a sports bar.
Back to the top

Rick said

Dining room wall.
Posted On: Jul 30th 2015, 1:02 PM #346796

My first thought was that this place looks to have a dozen small-ish TVs. Don't want to read too too much into renderings but it looks like there are some bigger TVs in the back here.

When I heard "sports theater" I was imagining something like this (source)

or at least this (source)

…which would be awesome to watch a game (particularly an FAU game) on a projection TV that size. THAT would draw me in to see a game there versus another spot in Boca.

716 Food and Sports and Ciccarellis are also good examples of this concept.

(I know they don't have two floors to work with but I think you can still squeeze something special out of the space)

owlcountry40 said

I was just reading they are putting TV's in the booths,it looks like they are just dumping way too much money into a place off 20th.

That's a cool touch.

Just out of curiosity oc40: if you were in charge of this place, how would you do it?

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Rick said

Dining room wall.
Posted On: Jul 30th 2015, 1:02 PM #346796

My first thought was that this place looks to have a dozen small-ish TVs. Don't want to read too too much into renderings but it looks like there are some bigger TVs in the back here.

When I heard "sports theater" I was imagining something like this (source)

or at least this (source)

…which would be awesome to watch a game (particularly an FAU game) on a projection TV that size. THAT would draw me in to see a game there versus another spot in Boca.

716 Food and Sports and Ciccarellis are also good examples of this concept.

(I know they don't have two floors to work with but I think you can still squeeze something special out of the space)

owlcountry40 said

I was just reading they are putting TV's in the booths,it looks like they are just dumping way too much money into a place off 20th.

That's a cool touch.

Just out of curiosity oc40: if you were in charge of this place, how would you do it?

He would only serve PBR and bowling alley pizza. He's on a budget.
Back to the top

Pete Rose's Ballpark Cafe had small tv's in every booth. Nice idea. That was many years ago. It failed because the food was bad. People will go if the food is good. They will spend the money if the food is good. Can I stress enough the importance of good food. They are venturing into a difficult business. His name just won't do it. I wish them luck.
Back to the top

I don't put to much stock in the initial renderings. It is more of a way to let people know something is in the works and allows someone to at least have some visual aid to begin the creation process.

Here is the initial FAU stadium rendering. only a few similarities.

FAU Stadium rendering
Back to the top
Control functions: