Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty Smith and Nick Paris together again.

Sounds like Rusty and Nick have re-united in TN coaching high school ball. Good to see!

From Facebook:

Here is the new Twitter page for GCA football https://twitter.com/@GCAlionfootball stay up to date and connected with Lion football! For anyone from FAU that i played with- this really feels like what we did down there under Howard Schnellenberger. Rusty is taking a lot of the cues from what we all accomplished in building great men as well as a great program and doing something special with these guys. Working with Rusty has been a blast but it's been a real blessing to coach with Daniel Bechman and Bruce Anliker and having the opportunity to build something amazing that will last longer than a season of football. The legacy that will be carried out through what these young men do will resonate for years and years to come.

Just throwing this out there - but myself and former Owl - Rusty Smith coach at a school in Franklin, Tennessee area;...

Posted by Nick Paris on Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

HEAD Coach Rusty Smith on his young team:

Hey guys here's former Owl Rusty Smith on how camp is going for our new school GCA

Posted by Nick Paris on Thursday, July 30, 2015
Back to the top

Hey Coaches, send FAU your best players and get the Owl footprint going up in MTSU's back yard!
Back to the top

I'm sad that these guys - some of the best to ever come through here - couldn't stick at the next level. However, I'm happy to see that they're still involved in the game and hey, with our history of hiring high school coaches maybe they'll end up coaching here one day.
Back to the top

Thank you for the love you guys. We actually have a very young squad and but there is talent up here (and I thought the only talent grew in FL lol.) Anyways, coaching is a blast and you'd be surprised how often I've had some daydreams about the last comment… How wild would it be to pull a Jared Allen and end up coaching back where it all started.

Hope you all are well and if you get a chance or want to stay connected find me on facebook - I post stuff regularly from our homepage at the high school we're at. Owls UP! 
Back to the top

Nick Paris said

Thank you for the love you guys. We actually have a very young squad and but there is talent up here (and I thought the only talent grew in FL lol.) Anyways, coaching is a blast and you'd be surprised how often I've had some daydreams about the last comment… How wild would it be to pull a Jared Allen and end up coaching back where it all started.

Hope you all are well and if you get a chance or want to stay connected find me on facebook - I post stuff regularly from our homepage at the high school we're at. Owls UP! 
Posted On: Aug 5th 2015, 10:54 AM #346946

The more coaches we have that care about FAU the better…get applying!!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Nick Paris said

Posted On: Aug 5th 2015, 10:54 AM #346946

It would be nice to convince some of your top rated players to become Owls student-athletes.  :cool:

Keep up the good work!
Back to the top

Rusty and Nick's Team in the news…

92 schools in 20 days: Grace Christian Academy
Back to the top

In about three years we will have some pretty stout lineman… Most of them are 10th graders right now, but I'll be sure to put in a good word ;)
Back to the top

Way to go Nick, and good luck to you and Rusty!
Back to the top
Control functions: