Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RENDERINGS: Schnellenberger's Steakhouse and Sports Theater

No offense, Howard has done and started many things in his life I am sure people had negative things to say about…i.e. FAU football program.

I dont think he cares about OC40's business analysis.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

No offense, Howard has done and started many things in his life I am sure people had negative things to say about…i.e. FAU football program.

Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 8:40 AM #346812

+1  OC40 is from the mentality that if their is any possibility of FAILURE do NOT do it.
Back to the top

I'd go as long as the food is good and parking isn't a b!t*h.

I'm sure there will be other eateries on 20th that will cater to the students and when their parents come into town they can take them to Schnelly's for getting good grades.  Not all of us may want to go to Mizner and deal with traffic and parking. 
Back to the top

And if it struggles there's always Bar Rescue:

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

walty12 said

I actually think it will good for the corridor. It will help provide a place of employment for some of the students, may help with some additional development on the corridor. Students know coach at the school, so they will be some of the frequent customers. Local people could visit it as well, not to mention fans during the course of the seasons, it would benefit from the Bowl game as well when fans need a place too eat. I think it will succeed.

Back to the top

owl in training said

I'd go as long as the food is good and parking isn't a b!t*h.

I'm sure there will be other eateries on 20th that will cater to the students and when their parents come into town they can take them to Schnelly's for getting good grades.  Not all of us may want to go to Mizner and deal with traffic and parking. 
Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 8:48 AM #346814

I cant stand Mizner.  I will go to HS restaurant whenever I can.  If he is smart they will offer discounts to students and alumni that are part of the owl club.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Hmm. I've never really had parking issues at Mizner except maybe when there's a concert.

The parking is fine, it's just that once you're there, well, there's not a whole lot to do other than hang out at the Dubliner. The addition of iPic and Yard House definitely helped, but I see iPic more as a special occasion place and to be honest I prefer Frank's Cinebowl (in Delray) or Cinemark.

We're lucky to have two nice movie theaters in Boca Raton plus the indie theater on campus. I wonder if a "Second Chance Cinema" would do well on 20th Street… you know, movies from 3 months ago/cult classics for $5.

I also think it would be cool to have a place where you could play games like Halo/Smash Brothers on a big projection screen. Did that at my buddies place on a 12x12 and it was amazing.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Its a message board I can give my opinion in the same way I can give my opinion during a gam day forum.
It doesn't matter who Howard or what he has accomplished when it comes to having a restaurant.
Ask Dwayne Wade or Dan Marino and well Howard who have all has restaurants go under in South Florida.
All I am saying is I would have not of gone with the ''upscale'' theme because of its location and well I wouldn't do upscale for a sports bar.

1st the population within 2 miles of this place is your more blue collar section of Boca.
2nd This place for most is Boca is a destination spot meaning unlike Mizner you wont get the people just walking around that say ''hey stop there and grab a drink. People go to Mizner to be seen in there nice cars and cloths.

Most people when they want to watch the game they are not thinking steaks and crab legs.
Its wings/burgers and a couple buckets of beer. I just don't see where the business will come from on a Tuesday night in April when its nothing, but baseball or basketball is on.
Its one thing to go spend some money for the big game its another thing during the slower sports times of the year.

If I was in charge I would have focused more around things like wings/burgers drink special I would try and push happy hour real hard along with other specials to get people in when the big game wasn't on. ( I.E Bru's room)

I would offer live music on some nights/afternoons something many places in Boca to not offer.
The Irishmen has been using a lot of live music lately and the place gets packed.
A couple students I know play there a couple times a month and it has been drawing a good crowd.

I know Howard said he wasn't going to sell gear there, but I do think it would be cool if he sold some sort of destination shirt. It would be cool for student to see each other in an airport or something 10 years from now and say "hey I remember some good times in ole Howards place"  

I really want the place to work out and we will see how it all works soon enough, but in the end I just don't want this to be another place in Boca that your average person/students cant really afford to go.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

Its a message board I can give my opinion in the same way I can give my opinion during a gam day forum.
It doesn't matter who Howard or what he has accomplished when it comes to having a restaurant.
Ask Dwayne Wade or Dan Marino and well Howard who have all has restaurants go under in South Florida.
All I am saying is I would have not of gone with the ''upscale'' theme because of its location and well I wouldn't do upscale for a sports bar.

1st the population within 2 miles of this place is your more blue collar section of Boca.
2nd This place for most is Boca is a destination spot meaning unlike Mizner you wont get the people just walking around that say ''hey stop there and grab a drink. People go to Mizner to be seen in there nice cars and cloths.

Most people when they want to watch the game they are not thinking steaks and crab legs.
Its wings/burgers and a couple buckets of beer. I just don't see where the business will come from on a Tuesday night in April when its nothing, but baseball or basketball is on.
Its one thing to go spend some money for the big game its another thing during the slower sports times of the year.

If I was in charge I would have focused more around things like wings/burgers drink special I would try and push happy hour real hard along with other specials to get people in when the big game wasn't on. ( I.E Bru's room)

I would offer live music on some nights/afternoons something many places in Boca to not offer.
The Irishmen has been using a lot of live music lately and the place gets packed.
A couple students I know play there a couple times a month and it has been drawing a good crowd.

I know Howard said he wasn't going to sell gear there, but I do think it would be cool if he sold some sort of destination shirt. It would be cool for student to see each other in an airport or something 10 years from now and say "hey I remember some good times in ole Howards place"

I really want the place to work out and we will see how it all works soon enough, but in the end I just don't want this to be another place in Boca that your average person/students cant really afford to go.

Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 3:06 PM #346827

No, we don't think you should have an opinion.  You have a lot of opinions for a place that isn't open and coach used the word "upscale" as an adjective for his place.  And to go after the Irishman crowd would be a huge mistake.  My guess is that it won't be anything we are thinking it will be.
Back to the top

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 3:06 PM #346827

No, we don't think you should have an opinion.  You have a lot of opinions for a place that isn't open and coach used the word "upscale" as an adjective for his place.  And to go after the Irishman crowd would be a huge mistake.  My guess is that it won't be anything we are thinking it will be.
Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 3:20 PM #346828
Well if you don't like my opinions your could just leave the Nest you will be dearly missed…………
Also I never said he needs to go after that crowd.
I also know for a FACT the Irishmen does really really well more them most of you know.
Guest in all of your greatness what would you do?
I have already had a few people on this board agree with me so I am not the only one with this thinking.
Back to the top
Control functions: