Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RENDERINGS: Schnellenberger's Steakhouse and Sports Theater

Now there is the "Guest" I know.  "NO,WE don't think". Guest, who is "we". Actually OC has every right to an opinion. Guest, you are a real piece of work. You do not speak for everyone. OC, FAU owl said earlier that this is an early rendition and that it most likely will be tweeked and changed before finalizing anything. He is 100% correct. There should never be a discount for alums or club members at a private establishment. This is a private venture and not an FAU venture.Guys, the people involved will do what they feel will work for them. They are not wondering what "guest" on a FAU sports blog is thinking. Stop acting like anyone knows what the investors are thinking. Yes, we can have opinions. But you know what they say about opinions.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Now there is the "Guest" I know.  "NO,WE don't think". Guest, who is "we". Actually OC has every right to an opinion. Guest, you are a real piece of work. You do not speak for everyone. OC, FAU owl said earlier that this is an early rendition and that it most likely will be tweeked and changed before finalizing anything. He is 100% correct. There should never be a discount for alums or club members at a private establishment. This is a private venture and not an FAU venture.Guys, the people involved will do what they feel will work for them. They are not wondering what "guest" on a FAU sports blog is thinking. Stop acting like anyone knows what the investors are thinking. Yes, we can have opinions. But you know what they say about opinions.

Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 4:38 PM #346831
Do you wait around all day waiting to defend something stupid 40 says? Why don't you just worry about yourself.

The last thing Howard is ever going to do is have his name associated with a place like the Irishman. The Black Rose, Irishman etc. have their  place but it has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.  The closest I can come up with is the Yard House, I tell people it is kind of an upscale sports bar with good food.  I agree with Doc, no issue with Mizner but it is a destination place, not a place to "hang out".

Not ever place on 20th has to be only for students only, if done correctly with GOOD FOOD!, it an be a great addition to the area.
Back to the top

Everything has to turn into an argument, and we're simply not going to do that anymore for the sake of others who read this platform and don't want to wade through the muck and mire any longer.

Last warning, next will come action.

Thanks in advance.

Back to the top

In all seriousness, how many more warnings will "guest" get before you revoke the option altogether? What will it take to end it?
Back to the top

There are many.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

In all seriousness, how many more warnings will "guest" get before you revoke the option altogether? What will it take to end it?
Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 7:02 PM #346834

The issue is not allowing non-members to post, the issue is whether all participants are adhering to site rules which require a courtesy factor that steers clear of personal or attacking verbiage.

If action is taken from the site's end to remove IP address access, the preference would be to have a reference point of identity which is not generic in nature - making it clear why the suspension/ban occurred.

In any event, the recent code change to help this cause by requiring an identifying "name" on unregistered posts other than "Guest" was unsuccessful. However, rest assured that necessary modifications to enable such will still be completed.

Posts are still defaulting to "Guest" regardless of what is entered.
Back to the top

This is not the Nest I joined 4 years ago. 
Back to the top

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

This is not the Nest I joined 4 years ago.

Posted On: Aug 1st 2015, 10:18 AM #346841
Ain't that the truth.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

No offense, Howard has done and started many things in his life I am sure people had negative things to say about…i.e. FAU football program.

I dont think he cares about OC40's business analysis.
Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 8:40 AM #346812
Its a message board I can give my opinion in the same way I can give my opinion during a gam day forum.
It doesn't matter who Howard or what he has accomplished when it comes to having a restaurant.
Ask Dwayne Wade or Dan Marino and well Howard who have all has restaurants go under in South Florida.
All I am saying is I would have not of gone with the ''upscale'' theme because of its location and well I wouldn't do upscale for a sports bar.

1st the population within 2 miles of this place is your more blue collar section of Boca.
2nd This place for most is Boca is a destination spot meaning unlike Mizner you wont get the people just walking around that say ''hey stop there and grab a drink. People go to Mizner to be seen in there nice cars and cloths.

Most people when they want to watch the game they are not thinking steaks and crab legs.
Its wings/burgers and a couple buckets of beer. I just don't see where the business will come from on a Tuesday night in April when its nothing, but baseball or basketball is on.
Its one thing to go spend some money for the big game its another thing during the slower sports times of the year.

If I was in charge I would have focused more around things like wings/burgers drink special I would try and push happy hour real hard along with other specials to get people in when the big game wasn't on. ( I.E Bru's room)

I would offer live music on some nights/afternoons something many places in Boca to not offer.
The Irishmen has been using a lot of live music lately and the place gets packed.
A couple students I know play there a couple times a month and it has been drawing a good crowd.

I know Howard said he wasn't going to sell gear there, but I do think it would be cool if he sold some sort of destination shirt. It would be cool for student to see each other in an airport or something 10 years from now and say "hey I remember some good times in ole Howards place"  

I really want the place to work out and we will see how it all works soon enough, but in the end I just don't want this to be another place in Boca that your average person/students cant really afford to go.

Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 3:06 PM #346827

My post came across the wrong way…you are absolutely allowed to voice your opinion and I agree with some of it.  Every good radio show or talk show has two people with different views on it…what makes things exciting.  I enjoy reading your posts, never meant to "personally attack" you as mentioned on the board.  I always thought we kept things pretty light.

What I was trying to say was, no matter what we all say HS is going to move forward and give this a shot.  This guy has worked a lot of ventures that haven't worked in the past.  All I am saying is, hope he learned and it works.  I just dont think he is going to listen to guys like me and you.

I also think if the economy keeps moving along like it has and the 20th street plans come to fruition it will be a different looking place in the near future…might benefit the restaurant.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rick, how difficult would it be to - in the specific instances where board members are logging out and posting under "guest" - change "guest" posts to the member's actual name? You did that when Anthony Mahjess posted attacks on this board.

This would preserve the "guest" function for actual guests and eliminate people logging out to attack board members (especially oc40, who gets the most heat from guests).
Back to the top
Control functions: