Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Hallandale QB Tyler Huntley Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Keep in mind, it is not always the player who decides to de-commit. Sometimes the coaches are no longer interested and the player suddenly decides "to go elsewhere" but doesn't relay the whole story in an effort to make them still attractive to others. Not saying this happened in this case…just saying everything is not always as it seems.  

The coaches aren't out tweeting about how they no longer want a player, but the players are always out there making themselves look as good as possible.

I know for a fact that a couple of classes ago, a recruit failed a physical at FAU (please do not mention his name if you know this story) and suddenly the player announced he was flipping to another school. Everyone thought he didn't like FAU. Not the case. This probably happens all the time all over the country.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Charlie has to win this year the novelty is wearing off.
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2015, 1:09 PM #346859

If you promise not to fire Charlie every time the wind blows, we promise we will give you the "I told you so" trophy if he doesn't pan out!  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I recall them saying they want a QB every year. I was just thinking that due to the limited number of scholarships available and that PARR may red shirt, we  could uses the money for a potential LB or lineman.As the "commitment" goes, I recall discussions on the subject but it never progressed. They want the young players to have the ability to change their minds and not be bound to a previous decision. And FAUOWL again is correct. Coaches can not comment on individual players about recruiting. Again, the players have the power. Schools can privately pull offers. But not publicly
Back to the top

See, just got commit from TE. A needed position.
Back to the top

This class is pretty unimpressive this year considering we're only bringing in 16 or so guys. I'm guessing this will not be a top 100 class this year unless we get some high end 3*. Also you have a QB every class and why wouldn't you want a great competition between Hundley and Parr. I guarantee you Hundley was not afraid of Parr. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

This class is pretty unimpressive this year considering we're only bringing in 16 or so guys. I'm guessing this will not be a top 100 class this year unless we get some high end 3*. Also you have a QB every class and why wouldn't you want a great competition between Hundley and Parr. I guarantee you Hundley was not afraid of Parr. 
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2015, 8:11 PM #346878

I am not a great evaluator of high school talent. I wouldn't know an impressive or unimpressive class. Why is this class unimpressive so far?
Back to the top

It's still early. Can we please give the staff time. Geez camp is about to start can we please focus on that
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

"Commitment" in college recruiting is as close to the actual meaning of the word as "friends" is on social media.

We need an overhaul of the system so coaches don't end up with holes to fill. If you commit that should mean something. Right now they commit just so they have something and then switch when a higher offer comes along.

The players have too much power in this game.

Posted On: Aug 2nd 2015, 2:49 PM #346869

1000% agree with ya! But I do think it says something about the direction of the program when we lose a qb to PAC10 Utah, not WKU or even UM! Ha Ha! :Laughing:

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

"Commitment" in college recruiting is as close to the actual meaning of the word as "friends" is on social media.

We need an overhaul of the system so coaches don't end up with holes to fill. If you commit that should mean something. Right now they commit just so they have something and then switch when a higher offer comes along.

The players have too much power in this game.

Posted On: Aug 2nd 2015, 2:49 PM #346869

You say they have too much power in the recruiting game.  But once they sign they virtually have no power.  Their scholarships can be re-voked each year; they have to sacrifice a year if they transfer when a coach leaves or doesn't work out.  It kind of balances itself out.
Back to the top

Even though Bo Pelini is a psychopath I really liked his recruiting suggestion to the NCAA. It essentially allowed open recruitment starting in the fall but it bound both the team and the player once they made a commitment thus eliminating all of the pulled scholarships and "solid verbals" that everyone is sick of dealing with.
Back to the top
Control functions: