Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

COUNTDOWN to 2015 Football Season

Gonna have to start signing the ceiling soon! Did you have any idea the Wall would be as popular as it is? Everybody and their mother wants to sign it  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Gonna have to start signing the ceiling soon! Did you have any idea the Wall would be as popular as it is? Everybody and their mother wants to sign it  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2015, 11:11 AM #346857
I had no clue if anyone would want to sign it. Honestly, I was concerned before opening about whether we would ever have a customer.

I spent about 2 1/2 months working in the store before it opened, just getting it ready by painting, installing the display fixtures, putting the counter together, replacing bathroom fixtures, filling it with product.

I had that 6 feet of blank wall space by the door where you can't place product. At first I thought I may take photos of people who came in and plaster them all over that wall area. As I was closed for those months, people started knocking on the door and asking to see the store and see if I needed anything.

Howard came a couple of times. Jarvis came over. Former football MVP, Cerge Sincere came over many times. I started thinking, wow these are some pretty big people associated with the program and I need to capture that and share that in some way.  

I bought a metallic silver Sharpie and scribbled on the wall in the back under a table out of sight. It looked pretty good. Very happy I did that. Total luck.

The next guy to come over and knock on the door was Greg Gantt.  He came in and checked out what I was doing. I asked if he wanted to sign my wall…and the wall was born…

The Wall
Back to the top

Get a roll up on on the ceiling. To roll up and down for signatures. Once filled replace with new one and donate full one to school. Start a wall at school in plexi glass. Just a thought
Back to the top

33 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #33: Kyle Watkins, and David Terrell.

Watkins was a Fullback from Merritt Island, FL (Merritt Island HS). All-Conference honors in HS. Redshirted in 2005. In 2006, played in 7 games both as a fullback and on special teams. In 2007, played in 7 games as a fullback and on special teams. had a reception for a TD vs. FIU. Injured in the New Orleans Bowl and kept him out for the 2008 season as well.

Terrell was a Safety from Boca Raton (West Boca Raton HS). In 2008, worked with the team, but redshirted. In 2009, saw action in 3 games at Db and special teams. In 2010, worked with the team but did not see action due to injury.

Watkins (left) and Terrell (right).

Kyle Watkins and David Terrell FAU
Back to the top

32 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #32: DiIvory Edgecomb, and Alfred Morris.

Edgecomb was a Running back from Miami (American Heritage HS). He was a two time all-state honoree and four time all-county selection in HS. In 2005, was ranked second on the team in rushing yardage, with his best game of 118 yards vs. North Texas. Sat out in 2006. In 2007, was a key player on special teams while returning kicks. he also had 24 catches out of the backfield. Had a productive New Orleans Bowl with 5 carries, 1 TD, a 29 yard reception and 4 kick returns for 151 yards including his longest return of 63 yards.

Morris was a Running Back from Pensacola (Pine Forest HS). Played offense and defense in HS where he recorded 147 tackles and 5 interceptions. Redshirted in 2007. In 2008, played in 11 games. Had 7 carries on the season, and 10 tackles on special teams. Travel squad member at the Motor City Bowl.  In 2009, began the season as an unknown and by the end of the season was the Sun Belt conference rushing leader, and held the FAU all-time single season rushing yardage title with 1392 yards. Named team MVP, and honored as the University Male student-athlete of the year. In 2010, was named to the preseason all Sun Belt Conference team. Finished the season with 928 yards and 7 TDs. In 2011, earned a second team spot on Phil Steele's preseason all Sun Belt Team.

Edgecomb in for a visit (left), and Alfred Morris in action (right).

DiIvory Edgecomb and Alfred Morris FAU
Back to the top

31 days until FAU Football kicks off!

A former Owl who wore #31: Cory Henry. (Alfred Morris wore #31 early in his career).

Henry was a Defensive Lineman from Opa Locka (Miami Coral City HS). Earned all-state honors in HS. In 2010, played in every game and had 3 starts as a freshman. Earned 4th team recognition on Phil Steele's all-freshman team. In 2011, moved to outside linebacker. Played in 10 games while starting 8. Missed some time due to injury. First collegiate interception came at Auburn. In 2012, played in every game as a regular starter. In 2013, saw action in every game as a starter. Ended his career as FAU's all-time sack leader, and ranked #3 in CUSA. Named most outstanding player in the Shula Bowl and was invited to the 2014 Medal of Honor Bowl.

Here is Henry on the field, and in for a visit.

Cory Henry FAU
Back to the top

30 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #30: Avionne Rolle, and Michael Barasch.

Rolle was a Running Back from Miami (Miami central HS). Aws in the North vs. South All Star game in HS. Redshirted in 2007. In 2008, saw action in 2 games and was a member of the travel squad to the Motor City Bowl. In 2009, saw action in 4 games at Rb and had 10 kick off returns. the longest, a 39 yard return. Left school in 2010.

Barasch was a running back from Fort Lauderdale (University School). Played for Roger Harriott and received all-state honors in HS.  Redshirted in 2008. In 2009, played in 4 games and had 1 kick return. In 2010, played in 1 game and ended his season with an injury.

Here is Barasch on the field.

Michael Barasch FAU
Back to the top

29 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #29: Jerrell Terry, Gedel Merzius.

Terry was a Safety from Kissimmee (Osceola HS). Earned all-county honors in HS. In 2001, played for Ferrum College (Virginia). In 2002, broke his ankle in Spring drills. Recovered to play in 5 games. had a team leading 18 tackles against #2 eastern Illinois. In the playoff year of 2003, played in 11 games, missing 3 games in the regular season to injury. Had 61 tackles on the year. Had 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery against Valdosta State.

Merzius was a Cornerback from Miami (Archbishop Curley Notre Dame). second team all-Dade honors in HS. In 2004, attended Troy. In 2005, work with the team but sat out due to transfer rules. In 2006, played in 10 games and was part of the squad that set an interception record. Had the longest return of 64 yards.

Here is Merzius in for a visit.

Gedel Merzius FAU
Back to the top

28 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #28: Willie Floyd, and Mike Brown.

Floyd who wore other numbers in his career, was a Running Back from Hollywood (Chaminade-Madonna). Earned all-county, all-state, and Sun-Sentinel Player of the year honors in HS. In 2006, played in every game as a true freshman. Also caught passes out of the backfield and returned kicks. In 2007, played in 2 games until he suffered a season-ending knee injury against Oklahoma State. In 2008, played in 5 games at RB and shared kickoff duties. Traveled with the team to Detroit for the Motor City Bowl. In 2009, suffered a shoulder injury in preseason and sat out the year. In 2010, played in 12 games with one start. Second on the team in yards gained, and led the team in kick returns. Was granted a 6th year of eligibility for the 2011 season.

Brown was a Punter from Ormond Beach, FL (Seabreeze HS). Second team all-state and MVP Linebacker in HS. In 2003, worked with the team but did not game action. In 2004, had 4 punts in the season opener for 173 yrads with a long of 50 yards. Completed the season without a blocked punt. Sixteen punts fell inside the 20 yard line, and he receive the non-scholarship MVP award.

Floyd on the field (L), and Brown in for a visit (R).

Willie Floyd and Mike Brown FAU
Back to the top

27 days until FAU Football kicks off!

Some former Owls who wore #27: Cameron Rodgers, Kris Bartels, and Marcus Bartels.

Rodgers was a Safety from Tampa (Tampa Jefferson HS). Played option QB until senior year in HS. Played in 8 games in the inaugural 2001 season. In 2002, played in every game. Was second among DBs in total tackles. In the playoff year of 2003, played in every game. Forced a fumble in the first ever playoff game against bethune Cookman.

Kris Bartels was a DB from Hollywood, FL (Chaminade-Madonna). Named 2nd team all-county in HS. In 2004, played in 6 games as a freshman and had 14 tackles on the season. In 2005, secured a starting position. Had his first interception that he returned 39 yards against Laf-Monroe. In 2006, ended the year with 70 tackles and was named the team's defensive MVP.

Marcus Bartels was a DB from Hollywood, FL (Flanagan HS). Earned second team all-broward county honors in HS. Redshirted in 2007. In 2008, worked with the team but did not see action. traveled with team to the Motor City Bowl. In 2009, played in every game and earned the starting spot 3 games into the season. Had 6 games with double digit tackles. received a game ball vs. Arky State and won the team's Bone Award at the end of the season. In 2010, he led the team in solo tackles. Had 2 interceptions in the Shula Bowl. Was named football's student athlete of the year. In 2011, wwas named to Phil Steele's preseason all-SBC team.

Kris Bartels (L), and Marcus Bartels (R), in for a visit.

Kris Bartels and Marcus Bartels FAU
Back to the top
Control functions: