Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

It was…

GAME DAY THREAD: Old Dominion @ FAU - 11/29/14 @ 12:00 PM - Owl's Nest

This is a major flip from last year…mostly day games - and three early ones so far.

Florida should be either a 12:00 PM start, or 7:30 PM.

Could make for four…

WKU has only five home games, and so far two are day and one is night.
Back to the top

I am thinking that the game I am thinking about was Western Kentucky. Is that a possibility?
Back to the top

wku was also a early start too.
Back to the top

I know people have mentioned the visitors side being in the sun. I'm no scientist and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the sun straight up at noon? Both sides are getting sun. My son has "German White"skin and he gets fried ant the noon games. I'll be there , but I prefer late afternoon or night games.
Back to the top

At noon yes, but by 2nd half it is right in their faces with no shade at all. The early start will could be a problem for us flying in from ATL. Gonna either have to fly in as early as posssible, get a car and drop our stuff at hotel holding area and rush to game. OR , fly in Friday night and stay an extra night. More $$$ for hotel and car rental and food and car parking back in ATL…but probably smartest choice.
Back to the top

A 2pm start is perfect for FAU IMHO as they get full sun ALL GAME LONG and allows FAU fans to tailgate a nice lunch before the game.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

A 2pm start is perfect for FAU IMHO as they get full sun ALL GAME LONG and allows FAU fans to tailgate a nice lunch before the game.

Posted On: Aug 4th 2015, 2:42 PM #346924

Not in September.  It's six o'clock and it is still 90 out.  All I remember about the noon game two years ago was Quez missing the Rice game because of heat exhaustion.  That Rice loss cost the team a bowl game.
Back to the top

Here is what really chaps my A$$ about noon games in September (and October)--and then I will shut up:

There will probably be a game this year when we have football players wear pink socks, and pink gloves, and wave pink towels, and we will call it Cancer Awareness. I call it corporate BS. 

You want to have Cancer Awareness? Then don't agree to have noon football games in south Florida in September! Shame on everyone who is tasked with deciding that. Waving a pink towel is not cancer awareness.

In the past, I have never given this much thought until last year. As information, I do not have cancer, nor have I ever had it. I just think businesses, universities, and corporations use it as a PR move.

Last year the football coaches wives contacted me to make pink shirts for them for the Cancer Awareness game. I have absolutely no problem with that because I think it is a great thought to do that. I was happy to do it. I quoted them a price for all the shirts and began to make them.  What I didn't anticipate was the feeling I got while I was making them. I was making money because of Cancer and it felt disgusting. I lost sleep over it. I emailed the wife who was collecting the money from all the wives for the shirts. I told her, I do not want to make money off of Cancer. I wanted them to have the shirts because they truly cared about the subject and that is a good thing. I asked that they give the money they collected to their favorite organization that supports cancer research and I gave them the shirts at no cost. 

Apologies for rambling on about noon games. I just like to see those who talk the talk...also walk the walk! It is too late to change the game time for the Buffalo game in September, but it is not too late for the Conference, the University, the TV Network to do something about Cancer awareness at that game. Maybe instead of a free t-shirt or other "widget"...how about some sunscreen?
:Winking:
Owls Up!
Back to the top

100% agree with you . Well said. I think everyone, fans,players,coaches, AD, would like to avoid noon games. But FAU is in need of money as we still are paying for a beautiful stadium. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we receive tv money for televised games? If so, there is the answer to the question, why noon games?. Having a large debt hanging over you makes people do things they don't want to do. September in Florida is brutal and it will negatively affect our players as well as whoever we play. I'm sure that the pros and cons were weighed out and the money usually wins out.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we receive tv money for televised games? If so, there is the answer to the question, why noon games?. Having a large debt hanging over you makes people do things they don't want to do. September in Florida is brutal and it will negatively affect our players as well as whoever we play. I'm sure that the pros and cons were weighed out and the money usually wins out.
Posted On: Aug 5th 2015, 6:18 AM #346929

You are correct, but my TV seems to work at other times as well.  They can't show a game from other parts of the country at noon?

I invite the network and conference officials to sit in the stands at noon (not in a suite) and try it out. Maybe it is that FAU has such good TV ratings at noon (red font). I just think the fan experience is compromised and at a time when most fans are disguised as empty seats, I just think it needs to be considered more.

Back to the top
Control functions: