Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Remember Keith Bryant

Remember Keith Bryant who in 2013 treated FAU campus visit as a joke and FAU disinvited him?
He's played one game for FSU in his two years there so far.

Im sure the NFL scouts saw him when he was playing against Citadel hahahaahahaha

Back to the top

Sad to me that so may S. Fl. kids choose a BigBoy program, even a BAD one (Iowa St., ILL, Ind. and even Baylor just a few years ago), and never get heard from again. Face it, 85 3*-5* (mostly 4's) but only 22 starters and even on a 2-deep, only 44 spots (1/2 of the 85). Easy to get buried and forgotten at that level
Back to the top

I know Keith. He is and will continue to be a beast on the DL. FSU is simply loaded with talent. He would have started day one at FAU. Before he is done , he will play on Sunday. His partner in crime that weekend was Todney Evans. He is maturing at MTSU and doing quite well. They didn't want to play at FAU and took advantage of the weekend visit. Stupid kids.
Back to the top

Georgia Owl is 100% correct. I understand why they run off to the big boys. The facilities are UNBELIEVABLE.But if,and that is a big if, your goal is to go to college, get an education for free while playing a game, and better your future, why not stay at home and play for FAU? The answer is most of these kids have been told for a long time that they are pro material.And they feel the big boys will better prepare them.The reality is most of them will be a professional at something other than football when college is over. And , by chance , they do develop into pro material,FAU is as good a school as any in the nation to be a spring board for that move. All this will change if we have a little success. Consistent success.
Back to the top

I agree that what he did to FAU was a d*** move.

IIRC Keith Bryant went to FSU the same year they won the National Championship so even if he rode the pine I'm sure he thought he made the right decision because he got to brag about that. There are plenty of reasons for them to go to a BCS school that we can't offer right now.

For instance, there was a UP article following the typical day of an FAU football player and one of them essentially said that as an athlete here, nobody really knows who you are. Versus up in Tallahassee, when I'm sure the offensive linemen get high fives and attaboys every time they go out to Publix.

You'd think that kind of thing doesn't matter because it's not technically related to the game of football… but it does. I saw two FAU football players in Publix last night, couldn't place them. And I'm on this messageboard every day, reading every daily article about the progress of camp… so there's that.

And the FAU players have clearly accepted that, the same way any of us would probably accept a position we wanted at a mid-level company in a decent state if it gave us the chance to continue doing what we wanted to do, and figured we could build from there.

Once we build out the full academic center, start winning games again, have a player go in the first round, +/- take UCF's place in the American if that whole BIg12/American shakeup goes down as previously discussed… we'll be a better destination for these guys, and maybe even get them recognized at Publix.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know Keith. He is and will continue to be a beast on the DL. FSU is simply loaded with talent. He would have started day one at FAU. Before he is done , he will play on Sunday. His partner in crime that weekend was Todney Evans. He is maturing at MTSU and doing quite well. They didn't want to play at FAU and took advantage of the weekend visit. Stupid kids.

Posted On: Aug 25th 2015, 5:01 PM #347524

The real issue for him is that its pretty hard to make the pros if you dont get playing time in college.
Back to the top

voss749 said

The real issue for him is that its pretty hard to make the pros if you dont get playing time in college.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2015, 9:28 PM #347531

Unless your dad is Cris Carter, but I don't think that's applicable here.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

voss749 said

Unless your dad is Cris Carter, but I don't think that's applicable here.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2015, 10:37 PM #347532

I can assure you, if you dont have the talent to make an NFL roster…they dont care who your dad is.  

That league is all about winning.  Thats the beauty of it, leave the politics at the door.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Chris who?

Guy is toxic right now after the ridiculous "advice" he gave to NFL rookies (below video) about how to misbehave…Given this, I actually feel bad we promoted the quote he made at an FAU camp.

Partridge doesn't need his "blessing", he's a man a character without it.

LATER to him and his son.

Back to the top

voss749 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Aug 25th 2015, 5:01 PM #347524

Willis McGahee started at Miami for one season.  He started his career at Miami as third string behind Clinton Portis and Frank Gore.  (Un)fortunately for him, Frank Gore tore his ACL over the summer and he was next man up.  Doesn't really matter how much playing time you get, if you're a stud, you're a stud and you'll get noticed.

I'd imagine KB maybe in a similar situation at Free Shoes.
Back to the top
Control functions: