Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fanatic Pass

Add topic

So I've been seeing this website advertise on Twitter and I wondered if anybody knew the story behind it… is this an FAU student business?

If it is then I feel bad because to be honest I can't imagine too many people buying this. Looks like a piece of plastic with an FAU logo on a lanyard that's selling for $15.99. Might be able to sell a few in local stores if it was $4.99 perhaps but $15.99? :Thinking:Nah.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

So I've been seeing this website advertise on Twitter and I wondered if anybody knew the story behind it… is this an FAU student business?

If it is then I feel bad because to be honest I can't imagine too many people buying this. Looks like a piece of plastic with an FAU logo on a lanyard that's selling for $15.99. Might be able to sell a few in local stores if it was $4.99 perhaps but $15.99? :Thinking:Nah.
Posted On: Aug 26th 2015, 6:29 PM #347556

I don't know if it is a FAU student business. They sell other schools as well. They emailed me and asked if I wanted to buy them to sell. I declined. They sent me some for free so I could see them. I declined again. I didn't put a price tag on the free ones and try to sell them so you can take that as you wish.

Back to the top

fauowl said

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Aug 26th 2015, 6:29 PM #347556

I don't know if it is a FAU student business. They sell other schools as well. They emailed me and asked if I wanted to buy them to sell. I declined. They sent me some for free so I could see them. I declined again. I didn't put a price tag on the free ones and try to sell them so you can take that as you wish.

Posted On: Aug 26th 2015, 7:42 PM #347557

…based on the communication I had with them, I would say they are most likely NOT FAU students.
Back to the top

I like it, but, a bit too pricey don't ya think?
Back to the top

I know this makes me old…but I dont understand what they are selling?   :Thinking:  :Thinking:  :Thinking:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Thank you Walty. I don't get this.
Back to the top

It is like a plastic lanyard with that "badge " on the end. You then can scan something on the badge with your phone and it takes you to an informational site about FAU. It has been a while so that is to the best of my knowledge. The content wasn't fully baked and the technology is unnecessary. You can just use your phone to get better info.

I don't want to sound like a FAU product snob because, believe me, I have had tons of bad ideas (and plenty more where those came from), but I just thought they haven't proven this concept to work and they wanted me to buy hundreds. I told them it wasn't up to me to prove their concept.

Based on how they were trying to do business, I believe they are young, but not FAU students (they would have or should have told me if that were the case). They never attached a real persons name to an email. It was weird, but I like that people are trying to come up with ideas.

Their biggest problem will be that you cannot create a business for a niche market with one product. It is not a business, it is a product. It is difficult enough to create a business for a niche market with hundreds of products. But I wish them luck. Sometimes a bad idea will morph into something really good, so keep trying!

Back to the top

I was definitely interested in your opinion so thank you, fauowl.
Back to the top
Control functions: