Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New FAU Gear @ It's Owl Time

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

They sending the FAU stuff quickly?
Posted On: Aug 24th 2015, 6:08 PM #347493

This was just one small off the shelf order so it's not a huge problem just frustrating.

We did get the correct order of the FAU Straw hats in today. I know a few people requested them and we were able to get some.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

They sending the FAU stuff quickly?
Posted On: Aug 24th 2015, 6:08 PM #347493

This was just one small off the shelf order so it's not a huge problem just frustrating.

We did get the correct order of the FAU Straw hats in today. I know a few people requested them and we were able to get some.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2015, 6:51 PM #347494

Straw hats!!! I need one of those for the noon games. I'll stop by this weekend and pick one up  :cool:
Back to the top

^^^^^Put me down for 1 as well! 
Back to the top

Ran into a couple tonight who saw my shirt and asked where they could get an FAU shirt too. She said she had heard about "some fan store" but didn't know where it was. Sent 'em over to your store. Should be stopping by tomorrow.

Laat time I was asked that by the random public was at Publix in the 5th Ave Shoppes before the USF game at Lockhart.

So it must be the Miami game.

If that was true it would lend credence to the idea that the Boca community would support us if we played more name brand teams (and put as much effort into marketing them as we're doing with the UM game)
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Ran into a couple tonight who saw my shirt and asked where they could get an FAU shirt too. She said she had heard about "some fan store" but didn't know where it was. Sent 'em over to your store. Should be stopping by tomorrow.

Laat time I was asked that by the random public was at Publix in the 5th Ave Shoppes before the USF game at Lockhart.

So it must be the Miami game.

If that was true it would lend credence to the idea that the Boca community would support us if we played more name brand teams (and put as much effort into marketing them as we're doing with the UM game)
Posted On: Aug 28th 2015, 7:42 PM #347580

My wife is a teacher at Addison Mizner and today was spirit day and she said it was the first time about half of the colors at the school were FAU.

It takes time but slowly we are winning over the city.

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Aug 28th 2015, 7:42 PM #347580

Thanks, man. I appreciate it!!

Like Dusky said, the support is growing locally.  

I have a good story about it growing nationally. My sister and brother-in-law live in Georgia. They were hiking in Utah (Zion National Park) when they ran into a guy wearing a FAU shirt. They approached him. "Hey, FAU!" They said "you should check out It's Owl Time for FAU Gear." The guy said, "that is where I bought this shirt."

As soon as they got cell coverage they texted me about it. That was pretty cool to hear.

Speaking again about locally, I have been getting people in who have kids in pee wee football leagues now who are on teams named after college teams. They have the FAU Owls out there now where before they did not have that as an option. Kids are now growing up saying they want to go to FAU. That never happened before and that is huge.
Back to the top

What's your stance on lawn signs?

Either as a general GO OWLS or game specific like GO OWLS BEAT MIAMI?
Back to the top

Just saw wptv 7:30 FAU Owl preview of upcoming season. Sorry for the off subject info.
Back to the top

Queue to :47

Mark in the House!

Back to the top

Rick said

Queue to :47

Mark in the House!

Posted On: Sep 13th 2015, 10:25 PM #348582

We got to be on the news at least 3 times on Friday with different stories.

Here is another:

Fun day!
Back to the top
Control functions: