Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conference shake ups continue

Add topic

My main link is someone very close to the UCF program who told me they have a plan around how they'll announce it at the end of the season, depending on bowl game, etc. but the talking heads can't stop discussing it which also leads me to believe there is plenty of smoke to know something is going on.
Back to the top

AAC is not much of a step up, except perhaps with Basketball because of Memphis.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

AAC is not much of a step up, except perhaps with Basketball because of Memphis.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2015, 3:50 PM #347431

What is the difference in television contract $$$ between to two conferences?  Thats the key.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Coastal Carolina will announce later this afternoon that the Chats will be joining the Sun Belt in 2017. This brings the SBC to the magical number of 12 members. While the SBC has two members who do not play football (UALR and UTA) they have two football only members (New Mexico State and Idaho). Coastal is located just outside of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; bringing the number of FBS members in the Palmetto State to three, alongside Clemson and USC). CCU has a bit over 10,000 students, making them one of the smaller football playing members in the SBC, ahead of only ULM. This will give Georgia Southern and App State a solid travel partner.

This is a solid pick up for the SBC. Their other options were Eastern Kentucky or extending full membership to NMSU. I predicted the Sun Belt of showing Idaho the door by 2017 (similar to what the MAC is doing with UMass) and extending full membership to NMSU and CCU. Goes to show, you'll never know what will happen with conference realignment.
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

Coastal Carolina will announce later this afternoon that the Chats will be joining the Sun Belt in 2017. This brings the SBC to the magical number of 12 members. While the SBC has two members who do not play football (UALR and UTA) they have two football only members (New Mexico State and Idaho). Coastal is located just outside of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; bringing the number of FBS members in the Palmetto State to three, alongside Clemson and USC). CCU has a bit over 10,000 students, making them one of the smaller football playing members in the SBC, ahead of only ULM. This will give Georgia Southern and App State a solid travel partner.

This is a solid pick up for the SBC. Their other options were Eastern Kentucky or extending full membership to NMSU. I predicted the Sun Belt of showing Idaho the door by 2017 (similar to what the MAC is doing with UMass) and extending full membership to NMSU and CCU. Goes to show, you'll never know what will happen with conference realignment.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2015, 12:25 PM #347651
this is a horrible pick up. No fans, no media market, no tradition, no commitment, wow jack, really disappointed in you on this one. Way t drop the ball. 
Back to the top

:(
Back to the top

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

this is a horrible pick up. No fans, no media market, no tradition, no commitment, wow jack, really disappointed in you on this one. Way t drop the ball.

Posted On: Sep 1st 2015, 12:45 PM #347652
Dude relax it doesnt effect us were not in the sun belt anymore, we are in conference USA.
Back to the top

Sounds like FAU when the SBC picked us up.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Conference shake ups continue

Dustin Johnson can throw a party with the best of em!
Back to the top

hey are we all hating on jack, now this is something i can get behind….. CCU to Sun Belt is a bad move for Sun Belt conference, a diluted product is never good  
Back to the top
Control functions: